Weather

Started by Jane, December 27, 2015, 07:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jane

Frank, how is Midland Tx doing this morning? Hope you, Myrna and your family are ok.

frawin

Jane, remember we moved to Prosper Texas. We have had Really Bad Weather all Night. Last Night the Tornado Sirens went off Twice, thankfully any Tornadoes missed us. There were some bad Storms West of us, the News this Morning was bad, 7 People were Killed when they had a bad Wreck due to the High Wind, that happened somewhere West of Fort Worth. There were 4 More Killed somewhere West of us. The Wind is blowing really bad now and it is Raining, our Forecast is for Flooding, with possible Flooding all day. Fortunately for us we are on high Ground and no chance of Flodding. The Wind is Howling now, and it sounds like a Freight train going by. We are going to stay in all day.

Jane

I keep forgetting you are in Prosper. Sounds ruff down there. We missed the bad weather but, we are just waiting for the snow to get here. Predicting 4 to 7 inches. Thank goodness we have a neighbor that will clear out our 80 yard driveway for us.  Glad you are ok, keep us posted.

Mom70x7

Frank - Hope you're still doing good. It sounds nasty.

Howard had an electric outage - actually most of the area between Independence and Winfield covered by Westar did.

From about 11 pm last night until 5-5:30 today. It was cold! Even with generators. Most of the snow missed us, but the ice came, and the cold, cold wind. Brrr!

P&J's was busy - they were the hub of activity most of the day, and the Swinging Bridge Cafe in Moline was busy - only restaurant with a generator.  :)

It is sooo nice to have electricity!

Diane Amberg

Thinking of you all. Stay safe. It's about 50 here with a hard rain...glad it isn't snow....yet.

frawin

The Weather here is Nasty, 44 Degrees and Misting, not Freezing, but Windy and the Temperature is Dropping, if it drops much more it will be Freezing on the Roads and that will slow Traffic a lot, Unfortunately some Texas Drivers drive pretty wild. We do not plan to get out much and not at all if it starts Freezing.

Wilma

We have a thin coating of ice and sleet this morning.  I started to go out on the back porch and there was no traction.  I didn't even make it through the door.  Yesterday I re-scheduled yesterday's appointment with my eye doctor in Eureka and today's appointment with my primary doctor in Derby.  It is much nicer sitting here in my warm house, than it would be out on the highway some place.

Jane

It looks like here in Wakarusa, we have about 3 inches of show, but is suppose to turn to sleet, then be done. We will wait and see.

frawin

It has been a Balmy 70 Degrees today with High Winds. I will take this Kind of Weather In the end of January anytime. I prefer not to have the Wind, but I do not get to pick the Wind Speed, for that I am grateful. Think if we could change the Weather, if someone got Mad at you, they would have it Hail on you, then you could have it Snow on them. Hope everyone is having a Great day. Keep on Keeping on. Kind of sad that this is only the 4th post on the Forum today.

frawin

It is a GREAT Day in the Land of Conservatives, and NOT MANY OBUMA Supporters. It is a really Pleasant Day, 57 Degrees and not to Much Wind. We are taking it easy today. We both are having some Heaith Issues, but we Grew up in Elk County, and we are Elk County Tough. Our Parents Survived Health Issues, some were Pretty Serious, and they Survived. My Mother, Bless her, I really miss her, she Had "15" Babies, all at Home and  MANY without a Doctor, Old Dr. DePew delivered several, His Nurse, Lavina Rarick, Delivered me and several of my Older Siblings.
Lavina Told me that Dr. DePew told my Dad," Lester This Woman CAN NOT have anymore Babies, she is Completely Torn up inside". REST IN PEACE MOM.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk