WEAKLEY, Lonnie Mark - b. August 12, 1957 - d. December 18, 2015

Started by patyrn, December 23, 2015, 02:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Lonnie Mark Weakley passed away December 18, 2015 in Arkansas City, Kansas.  He was born August 12, 1957 in Olathe, Kansas to Vernon and Carol (Fahler) Weakley.

Lonnie graduated from ACCHS in Effingham, Kansas in 1976.  In 1978, he married Becky Smith in Atchison, Kansas.  To this union one son, Brandon, was born.  The marriage was later dissolved in 1979.  Lonnie moved to Arkansas City, where he was a licensed plumber the rest of his life.

Lonnie was an avid dirt bike rider and knife collector.  He was a good worker and was loved by family and friends alike.

Lonnie is survived by one son, Brandon Weakley of Oskaloosa, Kansas; brothers, Kelly Weakley of Elk Falls, Kansas and Kyle Weakley of Kansas City, Kansas; his mother, Carol Weakley of Howard, Kansas; and nieces, Devyn of Piedmont, Kansas, Lindsey of Ulysses, Kansas, and Laura of Wichita, Kansas.  He was preceded in death by his father, Vernon Weakley.

Cremation has taken place.  A Celebration of Life will be held at the American Legion in Arkansas City, Kansas on Sunday, December 27, 2015 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.  A memorial service will follow on Monday, December 28, 2015 at 1:00 p.m. at Countryside Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas 67349.  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.  Memorials have been suggested to Habitat for Humanity in Arkansas City and may be left with or mailed to the funeral home.  Services have been entrusted to Countryside Funeral Home, Howard, Kansas.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

frawin

My heartfelt Sympathy goes out to Carol, she and my sister Phyllis were in the same class at Howard High and remained lifelong friends. When Myrna's Mother was in the Nursing Home, Carols Husband, was there also, every time we drove to Howard to Visit Irene, I always stopped to see Carol. I wish we could be there for Carol at the Services but it is just not possible at this time of year. Carol will be in our prayers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk