Good Morning America

Started by frawin, December 06, 2015, 07:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Good Morning Elk County, it is a great day to be alive. I had my Antique cars in the Christmas Parade yesterday in Prosper. The weather was beautiful, and there was lots of different, vehicles, bands marching, young people of all ages and representing lots of different Organizations. It was a fun day, my son was here and Drove the Model A, it got lots of attention and it had it's picture taken several times. Wishing ALL of you a great day.

Mom70x7

Hello!

Your parade sounds like fun. My Jim loves old cars. For awhile, we were collecting cars from our birth years. Gave it up when the kids multiplied.  ;D

We've had a beautiful day in Elk County today; high in the mid 60s. It's supposed to stay that way for most of the week. Terrific weather for early-to-mid December. People are out and about and friendly with everyone they meet.

Enjoy!

frawin

Thanks Mom, I have had several over the years. When we lived in Midland I had 2 of the Great oldies, First I bought a 1929 Model A Sedan, it was in great condition, we drove it to Breakfast every Saturday Morning, One Saturday when we were going to Breakfast, some Young Girls Pulled up beside us in a fairly new Sports Car, the said"hey old Man, do you want to Drag, then they sped of Laughing, Myrna and I laughed to. When my oldest son got Married he Drove it from the Church to the Wedding Reception, it had streamers and it was dragging a lot of Tin Cans. Then came my mistake number one, a guy offered me so much for it I could not turn it down, Myrna and my whole Family was Mad at me. Next I bought a 1964 1/2 Mustang Convertible, White with Black Pony Interior, we really enjoyed it, again someone offered me so much, I could not turn it Down, my Family was really unhappy.
The people I sold it to lived down by San Angelo, Texas. The Couple that Bought, were Miram Beattys Grandchildren. For those who Don't know or remember Mrs Beatty, she was s Judge there in Howard. Again my whole family was mad at me. When I bought The Model A and later the T Bird, my Wife said you are absolutely not selling either of one of them. I have 2 Sons and when I am thru with both cars, I am going to put their names in a hat and let them draw, what they draw is what they get. In thinking back some of my early day cars would be worth big bucks today. Hindsight is always better than foresight.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk