Broad-striped Skunk

Started by Wilma, December 02, 2015, 11:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Ready, I live in Prosper, Texas, I moved here recently from Bartlesville, OK. I have been in Ariizona, but have never lived there. In my few short years I have moved around some, I was born in Howard, in 1965 my wife and I moved to Pratt Kansas, in 1968, we moved to Emporia, Kansas, where I finished my College Education in Business, and in 1970 I went to work for Phillips Petroleum in Bartlesville, that was the second best move I made, the first was Marrying my Wife of almost 52 years, she is my favorite Cook, best Friend, my favorite Mother and Grandmother and I love her more than anything in the world. In 1980 I moved to Midland,Texas, in 2007 I moved back to Bartlesville, Ok to be close to my family and close to my Wifes family. I am the youngest of 15 Children, 8 Boys and 7 Girls, there is only 2 of us left, me and One Brother, this getting old sure is not for Sissies. Wishing you and everyone on the Forum a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

readyaimduck

ok.  I thought someone lived in AZ and brought a gift to Wilma. 
Not accusing you or anyone.
Hopefully, no harm, no foul.

ready....to retire humor.  lol

frawin

Ready, it is not a problem, l like your Posts and your Humor, keep on Keeping on. I hope Santa brings Wilma lots of gifts she is one of my favorite people on the Forum, If we get back to Howard before Christmas, I am going to exchange gifts with her, the gift exchange will be, a BIG HUG from her to me and a BIG HUG from me to her.

Wilma

Ready, that does look more like what I saw and the photo my daughter took.  I had never heard of a hooded skunk.  Maybe I should do a little research.  Thanks a lot.

And, Frank, I am not hard to find.  I am just one block north of Myrna's sister.

Warph

Quote from: readyaimduck on December 09, 2015, 06:53:12 PM
ok.  I thought someone lived in AZ and brought a gift to Wilma. 
Not accusing you or anyone.
Hopefully, no harm, no foul.

ready....to retire humor.  lol

I'm the one from AZ, Ready... Surprise, AZ.  Home of the World Champion Kansas City Royals Spring Training Camp of the Cactus League.  You can bet I'll be attending all home games this spring on my season pass, sitting front row between first base and home plate.  Eat your heart out, people. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"People ask me what I do in the winter when there's no baseball.
I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
—Rogers Hornsby

Kansas City Royals 2016 Spring Training Schedule
http://www.springtrainingonline.com/teams/kansas-city-royals-3.htm

Cactus League 2016 Spring Training Schedule:
http://www.springtrainingonline.com/features/master-schedule-cactus.htm[/b]

Surprise Stadium:

(To receive schedule updates and other spring-training news via email, please sign up for the Spring Training Online email newsletter:  http://www.springtrainingonline.com/newsletter_signup.htm )
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

I'm not sure how this turned into baseball, unless the opposition were real stinkers.Ha!
Our team here, the Wilmington Blue Rocks, were associated with the KC Royals, so I always watched them too. Also the Phillies, of course, and the White Sox. I have a personal connection with them.
Back to skunks. A couple of years ago we had one poking around our yard that was really real beautifu. It was almost all white with just a bit of black on its undercarriage.The fur on the tail was really long and fluffy like that photo and the rest of its fur was unusually long too. It spent a few days making little holes in the yard looking for grubs and then moved on.
Great stories Wilma, thanks.

Warph

Quote from: Diane Amberg on December 10, 2015, 08:48:54 AM
I'm not sure how this turned into baseball, unless the opposition were real stinkers.Ha!
Our team here, the Wilmington Blue Rocks, were associated with the KC Royals, so I always watched them too. Also the Phillies, of course, and the White Sox. I have a personal connection with them.

Why, Diane.... I'm letting Ready know the difference between Frank of TX and Warph of AZ.  Frank's into oil and his beautiful wife and I'm just an ol' retired USAF LT.Col. who's into baseball at this time in my life.  Time to get HAPPY, Diane.  Here's a little gift from me to sorta help you through the happy stage... I hope it helps:

Now, back to skunks....

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk