Rain Rain GoAway Come Back Some Othet Day

Started by frawin, November 27, 2015, 07:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

It has Rained Hard all Night here in North Texas, and it is still Raining. 100% chance of Rain For Tomorrow, and big chance of Rain for the next several Days. Fortunately there is no chance of Flooding where our House is. I remember well the Flooding around Howard, the Elk River South of Town always Flooded bad. I remember in 1962 or there about the River Flooded bad and the Water went over the Highway and Bridge, this not funny, but Ed Morris was Night Watchman for Howard, he Drove down to the Bridge to see the Flooding, his Mistake was, he thought the Water going across the Bridge was not to Deep, and he decided to Drive across the Bridge to the other Side, why I don't know, halfway across the bridge his Car drowned out. He had to walk back to the North side of the Bridge, it is a Blessing tha he didn't get washed away. A lot of Prople from Town were going down to see the Flood, his Car being in the Floodwater got back to Town and lots of people went down to see, in fact Myrna and I did. Garison's had to send their Wrecker to pull his Car back to the Northside and take it to Town. Do any of you Forum Members remember that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk