Questionaire

Started by genealogynut, January 31, 2007, 06:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genealogynut

I believe it would be interesting for each member if they would tell how they found this forum.  Was it by reading a newspaper article, from a friend or relative, surfing the internet, a link from another genealogy site, etc.?

I'll go first--

Don first learned of this forum by reading about it in the Flint Hills Express a couple of years ago.

Joanna

Well, we had been thinking of moving back for a long time. so I checked out just about everything on the internet about Howard that I could find.  I found the site on Google.  HOWEVER; I noticed just now that when I type in "Howard, Kansas" this site comes up, but when I type in "Howard, KS" it does not.  Huh!

Wilma

I think that I was trying to see what I could find about Howard and happened on to the Forum.  It was interesting, but not what I was looking for so I went on.  Sometime later, I was looking for Howard again and found the Forum again and it was still interesting.  Then one day Lois said something about maybe she would stop posting the biographies, etc. that she was posting as no one seemed interested.  That got me.  I knew I had to tell her to not quit.  So I got Janet to help me become a member just so I could tell Lois that she shouldn't quit and I promised to read everything she posted and so I am and I do.

genealogynut

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Well.............something good came out of that threat! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Thank you, Momma Wilma.  You helped to make my day. :)

Ms Bear

I found it by reading a post by Lois on GenForum and have checked it every day since then.

Mom70x7

I don't remember where I heard about this - possibly the Elk County newspaper, but I've got no idea. Sorry.  :)

I checked it every day at first, then sporadically. Now I check it every day again - even posting sometimes, although that goes in spells.

It's a great place!  :)

MarineMom

I Googled Howard KS after (future) hubby told me that was where he was located, but I did not join the forum until I had lived here for a while.

hhjacobs

Henry found it  by looking up Howard and Elk County last spring and joined. I really didn't pay any attention to it until Lois sent me by mail an article about me. When we got home from Wolf Creek I got hooked. I will miss it when we go to Gerald Gentleman the last of March.

Buddyboy

I saw an ad or article for it in the "Good News" paper.

okiemon

Searched Google for "elk county ks" which led me to Elk County Website, follow the communities link to here.
Nice forum here, try to read it daily.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk