Breaking News........

Started by genealogynut, January 31, 2007, 11:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

genealogynut

We've been hearing bits and pieces on our radio scanner where a big transport truck had an accident there between P & J's and the nursing home, (Howard)  is turned over, and spilled about 38,000 gallons of diesel fuel.  We do not know of the details at this time..............

Wilma

Lois, have you heard anymore about the overturned tanker?

genealogynut

From what I understand now, it didn't actually spill the 38,000 gallons, but that was what it was hauling. The last little bit I heard was that it was leaking just a little bit.

No, what we've been hearing now is calls for wreckers for vehicles that are off in the ditch in Elk County.

Janet Harrington

Mother, you and Lois sound just like a TV news anchor and the street reporter.

Wilma

Yeah, the reporter has the information and the anchor is trying to pull it out of her.

Mom70x7

When I came home from school (about 1 pm) the tanker was lying in the ditch on the Twilight Manor side. It had been headed south. The tanker itself didn't look damaged, the truck cab was definitely dented.

genealogynut

Ta, Ta and Momma Wilma.......I think I may have missed my calling! :laugh: :laugh:

Janet Harrington

Me, too.  We got more information from you than we ever see on TV or in the paper.

Marty Hunter

I may be wrong, but I was thinking that highway transports carried more like 7500 gallons of product.

Mom70x7

And here is a picture of that truck . . .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk