Newspaper Ads From Yesteryear

Started by genealogynut, January 26, 2007, 08:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genealogynut

The Starks grocery ad was dated August 30, 1956 and the Hebb's Garage ad appeared on November 8, 1954.  Both were taken from the Howard Courant Citizen.  For the new members--if you will click on the picture, it should enlarge.

genealogynut

The Winn's Cafe ad appeared in the Howard Courant Citizen on Thursday, July 29 (?) 1955.
The Bryan Motor Company ad may be found on April 14, 1955 in the Howard Courant Citizen.
The Perkins & Gaines ad is in the December 15, 1955 issue of Howard Courant Citizen.

Janet Harrington

Lois,

You did a wonderful, wonderful job in getting those ads on the forum.  We could buy a TV for $3.50 a week from Perkins and Gaines.  What fun.  Rent to own in 1955.  How about that?

hhjacobs

Yes Lois, I really enjoyed those. Thank you for all your work!!!!

genealogynut

You are welcome!  I've had those in my stack of material for months, it's just getting Don lassoed, into getting them shrunk for me, so that they will fit on the forum.  Anything larger than 128 KB's is too big, and will not fit onto the forum site, and Don seems to have the "knack" of messin' around with computer settings, etc., so he gets drafted. :laugh:  Occasionally, Don messes with the wrong settings!  :laugh: :laugh:

Teresa

I really liked those ads. I just love to get old advertisements and look a them.
Wouldn't it be nice to have known back then how things were to change in price and value?
ahhh the investments we could have made.

I would be setting somewhere warm fishing instead of working..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk