million dollar roads

Started by upoladeb, August 19, 2015, 05:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

upoladeb

Did anyone else see the new budgets? The roads and bridges want $1,600,000.00 ish plus $70,000 ish for a new tractor and mower.What do you think about that!!!!!

Anmar

"The chief source of problems is solutions"

upoladeb

our county,found in last weeks commishes notes,in a county this unwealthy that is CRAZY.

Anmar

That is pretty crazy, considering the size of the county.  I wonder how that happened.  Honestly, Ross has been going so crazy about this Elk Konnected thing, but he missed this.  I think this kind of spending is really the bigger issue.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Diane Amberg

I know it's not my business, but what is included in those road costs? It is surely more than just some gravel. Rebuilding some bridges? Taking care of areas that have flooding? Repair of low water crossings? Paving some roads that used to be gravel? That is a lot of money for out there.

upoladeb

no paving of roads,fema steps in and tells us what to do to get additional funds and every year they close more roads.and they have another dept for the weeds.Of course they need new tractors ,they don't take care of the ones they have.That is a generalization maybe some places they blow out their radiators and do some maintenance but some around here don't.The roads budget is higher than a couple of the other  very important life affecting dept. added together.

Diane Amberg

I must really be missing something. What does FEMA have to do with it? I know to get federal funding bridges have to be built to federal specs, which way out in the country can be real overkill. But FEMA?

upoladeb

I guess you would need to be local and read the public notices with the county commissioners notes to know what I'm talking (writing ) about.

Diane Amberg

I do get the Prairie Star. I'll look there..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk