The Russian “Straight” Flag . . .

Started by redcliffsw, July 11, 2015, 06:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Russia's ruling political party has designed a "heterosexual flag" to honor traditional family values. Perhaps American churches should fly it instead of the U.S. flag of empire and war.
-Laurence Vance

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/united-russia-to-unveil-straight-flag-in-honor-of-traditional-family/525292.html

Diane Amberg

Phooey.Most churches around here exclude nobody....and don't fly the American flag either... separation of church and state and all that. Christians are supposed to be about love and caring, not hate and labeling.

Bullwinkle

You might want to listen to Johnny Paycheck's song about being turned away from a church for his long hair and sandals. Many churches exclude people that don't have the same beliefs that they have. Baptists come to mind, Jehovah's Witness, Mormon's.

There was always a stars and stripes in my church. The boy scouts had their meetings there , as did the 4-H club, etc. The Methodists were always considered one of the only churches that welcomed all.

Another myth is that the Freemason's excluded Catholics and blacks. One only had to be of upright moral fiber. Several of our presidents are \ were Freemason's. In the last several years , the Freemason's were slighted and denounced in a similar fashion as what our confederate brothers are now. Yes, brothers. There were many instances of brother fighting brother in the Civil war.

Government has no right to attack their heritage. It is a bunch of ludicrous insanity. It certainly didn't cause anyone to kill anyone today. We will have more and more mentally ill people who claim who- knows- what made them do it. Flip Wilson had a signature saying on Laugh- in, The devil made me do it.

Diane Amberg

As far as I know churches don't fly flags out front. I know mine doesn't. Have you seen some out there?They do allow them to be in meeting rooms, as you say, for scouts and such.

redcliffsw

One can see Federal flags almost anywhere these days.

Many churches believe just like many people.  They believe in Federal supremacy so they fly the U S flag most all of the time, instead of their State flag.

Diane Amberg

Can you give me an example please? What church in Elk County or nearby counties flies an American flag out side, in front of the church? Anybody? I've seen Methodist churches fly Methodist flags here.
  On a different note, in my own family two brothers fought on opposite sides of the Civil War.I don't know any more facts, but that must have caused some problems in the family. All the rest were Yankee Unionists because they didn't believe in slavery in any way shape or form by anyone for any reason.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk