All But Their Honor . . . .

Started by redcliffsw, June 30, 2015, 10:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

You do know all this flag business can back fire.Some people, if they see that battle flag multiple times on display commercially, or displayed out of good taste and over done, will avoid that shop, gas station, store or restaurant, figuring that's not where they want to spend their money, or their time, assuming that is not where good southern hospitality will be found.

redcliffsw

I can't imagine that you yankees and liberals would be looking for good Southern hospitality.   

Diane Amberg

This Yankee's family came mostly from the south, after they came from Scotland. One side were Alabama cotton growers.They never believed in slavery or the bad treatment of other human beings for any reason.They were true Christians. One of my best friends lives in NC. Your southern hospitality has strings all over it, I'll bettcha.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 30, 2015, 02:32:28 PM
You do know all this flag business can back fire.Some people, if they see that battle flag multiple times on display commercially, or displayed out of good taste and over done, will avoid that shop, gas station, store or restaurant, figuring that's not where they want to spend their money, or their time, assuming that is not where good southern hospitality will be found.
Your wrong again Darlin, this flag increases sales in a great number of places that matter, unlike your yankee hole in the wall town. Hey wasn't it your town that tried to kill cops lately?
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 01, 2015, 09:33:58 AM
This Yankee's family came mostly from the south, after they came from Scotland. One side were Alabama cotton growers.They never believed in slavery or the bad treatment of other human beings for any reason.They were true Christians. One of my best friends lives in NC. Your southern hospitality has strings all over it, I'll bettcha.

Maybe they were maybe they weren't but your family was just as pisspoor as the rest of the southerners that could never even begin to afford 1000 dollars in 1860's to buy 1 broken down old slave. 
More than likely either they bugged out of the area so they wouldn't be shot in the war, or they came in after to rape the land like the rest of the outsiders.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

WOW, what got stuck in your craw? Griping about my posts that are almost three months old and were in conversation with someone else?
My town ,Newark DELAWARE does not shoot their police. There aren't that many of them, so we don't waste 'em.
As far as my family's history..no they weren't poor, came over from Scotland with money.(Mom's side.)They didn't own slaves, they hired workers. The early branch was here before the Revolutionary War and was well settled before the Civil War ever happened. One group moved to Nebraska and bought a lake and camp ground called "Big Lake" and ran that for many years. Another had a Department store in  Centerville Iowa.
Now on Daddy's side, Great Grandpa was in New York state as a young man. The family had come over from Germany and had a factory making machinery belts for industry. He liked adventure and took someone elses place in the Union Army( who paid him to go.) He was a liaison officer eventually, and ended up in OK after he left the army.( after a stint in the new 7th Cavalry and also the 5th). He eventually moved to SE Kansas, married and had children. Later he ran an Old Soldiers Home.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk