Moline low water Crossing

Started by David, May 26, 2015, 12:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Sunday: 2:00 A.M. My Son tried to cross the low water crossing in Moline, his car was swept away and he nearly died!  He got out of his car and was able to swim to the bank, he lost is car and phone and everything inside  and almost lost is life!
Please will you all explain to others, that you should not cross water that is flowing, just a few inches can take you down stream and end your life!
With all the rain, I thought to myself; "we could have waited a week wondering where he was, only to find he was dead at the bottom of a creekbed!
Thank God for his protections!  He looks after fools and little children!
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.

Bullwinkle

Even when the water doesn't appear to be deep, it may have washed the road surface away. Also when it has been warm and the algae has started growing on the concrete it can be extremely slippery.

Turn around, don't drown. Nothing is so important to risk it. And if you are just a thrill seeker, there is plenty of mud to play in, no need to see if you can make it across high water.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk