Unusual Given Names

Started by genealogynut, January 27, 2007, 08:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dignified Redneck

To Flo and Pam,

The PRCA contestant's name was "Butch" Meyers and the family lived near Welda, Ks. Butch was a vo-ag teacher. He and his wife, Fanchone (now ex-wife) had three children, oldest was a boy named "Rope", next was a girl name "Tye" and the youngest was a boy named "Cash". Fanchone would bring Cash to the indoor rodeo arena at Winfield to compete when she still lived at Welda. Her folks lived in Arkansas City. Butch divorced her and supposably married some rich Texan, the boys followed him when they got older.  The last I heard, Fanchone had moved down there also. If either of you watch the NFR each year, Cash and Rope have competed there within the last 6 years, I think.
Age & treachery will outlast youth & skill any time !!!!!!!!!!

flo

thanks for your input.  They lived in a small town between Welda and Garnett, then east a bit.  Those towns aren't listed on the newest Kansas map.  Bush City is one of them, and I think it was the other where they lived.  It'll come to me sooner or later  :-\ just like Butch's name.  ;D  That can't have anything to do with age, must be my busy mind.  :P
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

Careful, Flo, don't want to overload your mind.  That happens to us older folks.

W. Gray

Parker?
Goodrich
Centerville
Selma
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

flo

what you mean "older folks", older than what???

Dee Gee

When Butch Meyers was at the top of his game, he and his family lived on the south side of US 169 across from the Rocky Roost Cafe at Welda and that is where all three of his kids were born.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Wilma

Most everybody else on earth, Flo.  Well, maybe just me.  You are considerably younger than I am.

flo

talked with the youngest daughter today and she thought they lived at Welda.  I had an aunt and uncle in Welda also.  don't know why I was thinking Butch Meyers lived east of there.  That's solved, anyhow.

kfclark

This is a rather old post, but I think I found the answer for LisaT.

According to this genealogy website, http://www.combs-families.org/combs/reference/glossary/j.html , Jno was an abbreviation for John.

I also came across a company Jno. B. Lee company, founded by a Jonathan. http://www.marinesurveyor.com/lee/index2.html.

Kevin
Check out my family history Website http://home.austin.rr.com/clarkdentongen/

Teresa

Kevin.. how nice to see you again.....  :)

Is everything going okay for you and yours?
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk