Happy #ArmedForcesDay @USArmy!

Happy #ArmedForcesDay @USNavy!

Happy #ArmedForcesDay @USNat.Guard
Utah National Guard Members

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

'I hope for you to come back soon, daddy': The heartbreaking scene at one Marine's grave on Memorial Day during visit by four-year-old son who was a baby when he died

He's wearing the full formal Dress Blue uniform of a Marine Corps sergeant, and he has medals for service in Iraq and Afghanistan pinned to his chest.

But Christian Jacobs is not a Marine. He's just four years old, standing at the grave of his father, Sgt Christopher James Jacob, on the day when America remembers its fallen heroes.   

Christian Jacobs and his mother, Brittany Jacobs, visited the grave of Sgt Christopher James Jacobs, who served one tour in Afghanistan and one in Iraq, in Arlington National Cemetery on Monday.

For Memorial Day Commemorations, they came bearing flowers, cards and photographs, and Christian had lain on the ground next to his father's tombstone, at section 60 of the cemetery.

'I hope for you to come back soon, daddy. And I love you and hope for you to be here. I know you will be here and I love you. And he is always watching over me and makes sure - he's proud of me, daddy. And I love you daddy,' Christian said.

Sgt. Jacobs died in 2011 in a training accident a Marine base in Twentynine Palms, California, when Christian was just eight months old.

'He wants to know so much about his father. He likes coming here and he was excited about coming here. He said I get to go see my daddy, Brittany Jacobs told WBRC.

She added: 'My daddy's resting place is what he calls it so he was looking forward to coming out here. When he got here the first thing he did was run up and hug the stone, he didn't want to leave it.'

Jacobs had enlisted in the Marine Corps in 2000, according to the Marine Times. During his time in the military, he received several awards including the Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal, Combat Action Ribbon, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Sea Service Deployment Ribbon, Iraqi Campaign Medal, National Defense Service Medal and Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal.

Just hours before his death, he texted his wife Brittany Jacobs telling her that he had slept well the night before.

Christian Jacobs stands besides the tomb of his father Christopher Jacobs (pictured above) at section 60 of Arlington National Cemetery

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3096297/Obama-joins-U-S-troops-Memorial-Day-honor-fallen-military-members-Arlington-National-Cemetery.html#ixzz3bD70vLFp
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

VIDEO:

World War II U.S. Army Veteran Leroy Williams, 90, of Albany, New York, and originally from Scranton, Pennsylvania, relaxes before the start of a Memorial Day service at Nay Aug Park in Scranton, Pennsylvania. He is the longest member of VFW Post #25 in Scranton

WWII Veteran and D-Day survivor Frederick Carrier takes notes during a Memorial Day ceremony at the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum Manhattan

Vietnam Veteran David J. Wenzel, who served in the U.S. Army and was severely wounded in combat, bows his head in a prayer during a Memorial Day Service at Cathedral Cemetery in Scranton

Over 2,300 American soldiers and more than 11,00 coalition soldiers have lost their lives in action during the last 14 years in Afghanistan

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3096297/Obama-joins-U-S-troops-Memorial-Day-honor-fallen-military-members-Arlington-National-Cemetery.html#ixzz3bDENyJCb

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk