Flag Desecration . . . .

Started by redcliffsw, March 12, 2015, 05:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/flag-desecration/

A veteran who posted a photo of a veteran's baby wrapped in an American flag was recently accused of the non-crime of flag desecration. I think it is the other way around. I think the flag wrapped around an object desecrates the object–like a Bible.
-Laurence Vance

Veteran Wraps Baby in American Flag
https://gma.yahoo.com/veteran-wraps-baby-american-flag-photo-sparks-controversy-175203890--abc-news-topstories.html

Diane Amberg

So what does any of this have to do with flag desecration?

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on March 14, 2015, 08:21:04 AM
So what does any of this have to do with flag desecration?

i had a brain fart and made a big boo-boo!
Please forgive me oh wise on!

Diane Amberg

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on March 15, 2015, 08:00:21 AM
Certainly. :-*

Thank you.

My little lady has multiple major medical problems and we just discovered a new one.s
When this happens I get to studying and I am subject to human error such as this one.
It's been 23 years of marriage and twenty years of major medical problems.
And on occasion I have had to be mean and ugly to keep her going But don;t be mistaken no one else can.
I only did it for survival, make her hopping mad so she would fight. Tahk God she only remembers what I tell her. I told her the  truth.  I chewed her doctor out at the time for trying to chew me out. LOL

Nothing comes before my wife.

I get real crazy sometimes but it keeps me from going insane.

Thanks again Diane.

Jane

The person that desecrations the flag worse then any one is Shirley Phelps that lives here in Topeka. When they protest Shirley stands on the flag and wears one around her waist.

redcliffsw

Can anyone name that Republican sitting next to the flag covering the table?

Warph

Quote from: redcliffsw on March 17, 2015, 04:38:23 AM
Can anyone name that Republican sitting next to the flag covering the table?

(Gee, that must be Ol' Abe sitting next to the flag talking with Gen. Georgie McClellan.  Many years ago, I used to date a lawyer that wore the flag on her panties... let's see, where's those  pictures of her.  Oh yeah,):

Gen. George B. McClellan

Here the gaunt figure of the Great Emancipator confronted General McClellan in his headquarters two weeks after Antietam had checked Lee's invasion of Maryland and had enabled the President to issue the Emancipation Proclamation. Brady's camera has preserved this remarkable occasion, the last time that these two men met each other. "We spent some time on the battlefield and conversed fully on the state of affairs. He told me that he was satisfied with all that I had done, that he would stand by me. He parted from me with the utmost cordiality," said General McClellan. The plan to follow up the success of Antietam in the effort to bring the war to a speedy conclusion must have been the thought uppermost in the mind of the Commander-in-Chief of the Army as he talked with his most popular General in the tent. A few days later came the order from Washington to "cross the Potomac and give battle to the enemy or drive him South." McClellan was relieved in the midst of a movement to carry out the order.

McClellan had a very short honeymoon period with the Lincoln Administration in Washington. The general was a staunch Democrat and had strong disagreements with President Lincoln on matters of policy. These disagreements quickly soured his relationships in Washington. Making matters worse, at a time when many wanted immediate action, McClellan spent several months organizing and building what eventually became the Army of the Potomac. It was not until March 1862 that he was ready to move. By that time, Lincoln removed McClellan as General-in-Chief, leaving him in command of only the Army of the Potomac. This only served to heighten the tensions between the two leaders. While McClellan was unpopular with Republicans, he was beloved by his men. Many soldiers believed he would not sacrifice them needlessly with rash decisions.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

Ok WARPH.To be fair, where's the sexy oiled, hairless six pack guy in his flag patterned Speedo for us girls to drool over?  Huh? ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk