county law suit

Started by oldfart, March 19, 2015, 05:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldfart

Last week a woman won a suit against Elk CO. for being let go from the road dept. cause of her sex. Got this from a county  person ,damn what about all us men who let go are told laid off county out of money come back too work in the sping , which as come and gone6 years now.Guess I better call SAUL.    LOL

oldfart

119 views,and no one ask how muchdid that cost taxpayers.

Ross

Oldfart I know the lady of which you speak and I was asked to add a comment about this post stating that she won the suit not because of her gender, but because there was no history or documentation of poor performance on her part. Ernie never wrote her up for anything and had no paper trail. He just fired her, without the documentation required to legally fire someone. That's why they lost.

Not because she was a woman. It was determined to be a wrongful termination.

He has fired men without documentation, but she chose to sue. The men probably would have won if the circumstances were similar... Termination without documentation or just cause.

The lawyer took the case on contingency. Lawyers only "work free" IF they know they are going to win. Also 50% of the amount won, went to her attorneys, so she didn't really get much, just the satisfaction of setting the record straight.

So anyway Oldfart, how much did Ernies mistake cost the cost the county? I believe the County's liability insurance paid whatever it was. 

oldfart

So what we were told that he didnt need a reason to let us go was BS that came fromlegal aid from state of KS.

upoladeb

I warned them when they discriminated against me that they where going to keep it up till someone sued them,and it goes clear up to the county comm.the only reason I complained was as a taxpayer I was going to have to help  pay the bill.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk