Human's

Started by Bullwinkle, March 01, 2015, 06:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bullwinkle

From a book my mother gave me. The Meaning Of Persons, by Paul Tournier.

" Thus the whole of social life is like a game, in every sense of the word. Firstly in the sense of an amusement, for in many respects it is a "diversion", in Pascal's sense, in which men seek to escape from their personal distress. We ought frankly to admit that we allow ourselves to be drawn into the game, that we are even pleased to join in, and that it hurts us to feel ourselves strangers to a community, excluded from its game.

Our personage clings to our person by dint of a long schooling which has made us what we are. It starts in the first few days of our life: it becomes more intensive when we go to school, for school is a mould designed to standardize the human material poured into it. The child who shows originality and refuses to submit to the process is regarded as a black sheep, and thereafter he will play that role just as his classmate will play the role of the good little boy."

Those who think they have no reason to give us their thoughts here because others have different views are depriving us all of what they have to give. Bullwinkle.

Warph

Excellent post, Bull!
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk