GREAT BEEF JERKY

Started by frawin, December 19, 2014, 09:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

My neat and special wife, just finished making 26 pounds of  Beef in to super  beef jerky. All my kids look forward to a bag of it a Christmas, and I do to.

ddurbin

If she needs an independent outside taste-tester, my address is 30154
Hillcrest Drive, Arkansas City Ks. 67005.

frawin

Dan if you were closer I would sure give you some. 

larryJ

Many years ago we bought a dehydrator and every year about this time we would make beef jerky.  Some years ago, I started the Junk Food Night tradition and jerky was always one of the goodies.  For a few years the tradition died out, but we still made jerky.  Two years ago, my son decided to revive the tradition, but included more than just family members.  We made the jerky for that party.  In the process of making and "making sure it was good enough," I "tested" way more than I should and suffered greatly from near dehydration!  Last year, it was decided that my son would take the dehydrator and make the jerky.  This year, actually tomorrow, is the party and we will be bringing the fudge and peanut brittle.

I can hardly wait!

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

frawin

The Dehydrators have really improved over the years. The 2 my wife has now have fans that circulate the air inside while the the tables rotate. The meat is cured alot quicker than her old ones.She makes 25 to 30 pounds of the raw meat into Jerky each year.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk