180 members

Started by Janet Harrington, January 22, 2007, 08:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhonda

Hello, I am Rhonda (Signer) McGown.  I am the wife of a farmer/drilling contractor, mother of four wonderful children ranging in age from 24 down to 14 and the grandmother of the adorable twin boys in the picture.  I keep busy helping with our business, spoiling grandchildren, sewing, reading, and attending the ballgames my girls participate in.

Our son is in his second year of law school at Washburn in Topeka.  Our oldest daughter is married and mother of the twin boys.  Next daughter is a Junior at Jayhawk-Linn High School and our baby is a Freshman at Jayhawk-Linn High School.

I graduated from West Elk in 1976 (with Marty Hunter).  Go Patriots!!!

My mom and dad were both from Elk County--Don and Sue (DeWitt) Signer.  My little brother Danny operates Signer's garage in Howard.  Little sister, Carlene lives a quarter of a mile from me and baby brother Tony (bet he'd love that) is moving back to Fredonia to begin a new venture.

Howard sure has changed from my high school days but it's always fun to go back and get a burger at Toot's and cruise main.  (They've changed the stop signs from my day).

Janet Harrington

Yes, they have changed the stop signs.  Remember when we used to just go around and around and around main st.  If you were parked in front of the show, you had to really work to get into the circle.  If they liked you, they would let you get out.  If they didn't, you were usually stuck there.  ha  Times have changed.

What is Tony going to do in Fredonia?  I'm still here at the jail.  Hopefully, I won't see him here.

Rhonda

He and Rick (sorry don't know his last name) are building a new Funeral Home.  He's been here in Mound City for the last couple of years finishing school and doing his apprentiaceship (sorry about the spelling).  His wife Charlotte is a pharmacy tech and got her old job back at the Fredonia Drug Store.  They have a son, Bryce, in the 2nd grade and a daughter Jordan that just turned four.

Not sure the exact date the business will be open but they're working hard on it and excited for the new opportunity.

Sherri

Hey Rhonda:  I haven't been in the forum for quite sometime but for some reason had a second and decided to jump in for a sec.  This is Sherri McDonald Mills Wilder by the way....It was nice to read your post on your family.  I am in Mullinville Kansas (east of Dodge City).  My hubby works for a rancher here and I am the CED in the Farm Service Agency.  I have two offices...one is in Coldwater Kansas and the other one is in Greensburg Kansas.  I have been with the agency for 22 years....does that make me old??? haha....My daughter Tania is in Colby in her last year of dental hygiene...she will graduate in May....she is divorced now and enjoying every minute of her days.  So anyway, I don't get to Howard much either...I miss my sis alot but just can't seem to find anytime to get there....everyone is so busy....But just wanted to say hi and boy do I have wonderful memories of our times together....
SMILE AND EVERYONE SMILES WITH YOU!!!!

Wilma

For your sister's benefit, if you are who I think you are,  you aren't missing much, Oops, I forgot, she's on this, too.  Sorry, Ms. T.

My sister is in Bucklin.  Has been there for almost 50 years and I haven't seen her for at least a year.  We keep in touch via e-mail, telephone is too expensive.  We are both too old to ride very far at a time, but I am thinking of trying to meet her halfway for lunch or something when the weather improves. 

Try to find more time to let everybody back here know how you are doing.  We are all interested (nosy) in everybody else's business.

Always glad to hear from you.

Ms Bear

My name is Pat Mange and I live in Cleveland, TX.  I became interested in the Forum because my father was born in Elk County, my grandparents were married in Elk County and three of my greatgrandparents were buried in Elk County.  Lois, Janet and Wilma have all found information for me that I would probably never found on my own.

I was born in Montana, raised in Oregon and Arizona, and now I live in Texas.  I have 3 daughters and 2 sons, all grown and living in other states.  Several grandchildren including one grandson stationed in Germany in the Army, he has given me my first great grandson.

My mother lives with me and at 88 is very healthy and active.  I lost my husband to cancer almost three years ago, I work and try to keep up with yard work, enjoy sewing and scrap booking but genealogy is my addiction.

I hope to come to Elk County someday just to see what it looks like and to meet all of you friendly people.

No Demons for me.

Wilma

Looks like we still have 168 demons to send out.  Don't let the demons get you.

genealogynut

There are still many, many members who have not responded to the "ROLL CALL" by  not posting anything about themselves.  Readers, shall we unleash all those demons, to torment those who have not done so?

Teresa

Ok... here is the long lost thread..
Do you want this one to be revived? Or should we start another one and see how many members we can get to post!

I could make a small newsletter and send it to ALL the members and see how many responses we get.
And start a new thread listed as "Roll Call"..

Give me some feedback.

I'll try anything to get some of the back sliding owl hoots to post.
And if they don't??
I'll be a waitin' on 'em when they least expect it!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

Can you believe that we have 37 more members now than we did when this was started? 

I for one would like to see a new thread started called "Roll Call" and we could all just do new postings to it.  Quite a few of our newest members are posting regularly and maybe with a title that is easy to remember we could get some of the older ones to contribute.

And we could still threaten them with demons.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk