Microfilm at Howard Library

Started by Marcia Moore, January 14, 2007, 06:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcia Moore

I am seeking some obituaries on some area people along with the stories about their accidental deaths.  The dates range from 1972-2001.  Does anyone know how far the microfilm for the Howard newspapers at the Howard City Library goes?  If the library does not have microfilm for the dates I am needing, where can I find the actual newspapers, or can I?  Thanks.   

genealogynut

Marcia, The Howard-Courant Citizen newpapers are on microfilm thru the Kansas State Historical Society and may be ordered thru the libraries on inter-library loan.  The Howard Courant is listed with the dates 1-6-1972 thru 2-9-1989.  The Elk County Citizen-Advance News runs from 2-6-1989 thru 3-31-1999.  After that it's The Flint Hills Express with the dates 4-7-1999 thru 3-29-2000.

You might wish to view the online newspaper catalog listings that KSHS has.  I am not in a position to answer your other questions tonight, without doing some checking myself.

Janet Harrington

I can't remember what the years are at the Howard Library.  I've looked through them, but the dates just didn't stick.  Sorry.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk