How Jarhead learned to Fish

Started by Warph, July 16, 2014, 03:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Dolphins are one of the smartest creatures on earth, and they sure prove it in this video. These Georgia bottlenose dolphins use teamwork to do something so smart that it hardly seems possible. This behavior has never been seen anywhere else. Watch now!

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Catwoman

I watched a brief blurb on TV about a pod of dolphins that herds fish into the fishermen's nets (down in South America???  Can't remember where...).  It was a great bit of teamwork, the dolphins doing all of the work and the fishermen just throwing their cast nets to bring in the yearly migration of mullet.  Very interesting!!!! 

Diane Amberg

Do the dolphins get fish as a reward?

Catwoman

That aspect wasn't talked about...It was just a brief covering of the subject.

Diane Amberg

It sounds very interesting. I'll have to try to find out. Thanks

Jane

If you watch the video real close you will see the Dolphins eat as the fish jump out of the water.

Bullwinkle

I would imagine that Jarhead is more familiar with C-4 fishing and noodling. After all, a dolphin would just be another fish on the stringer.

larryJ

That reminds me of a joke (what else?) about this guy who seemed to catch of lot of fish so the local game warden went out to see out he did it.  The warden got in the guy's boat and out they went.  Then the guy lit a stick of dynamite and threw it into the lake.  BOOM! and a whole bunch of dead fish floated to the surface.

The game warden was aghast.  "You can't do that.  That's illegal.  I'm going to take you in."

The guy lit another stick of dynamite and threw it into the warden's lap and said, "Are you going to talk or fish?"

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Catwoman

Diane Amberg

Cat, I did find that tape on You Tube. They were netting Mullet in Brazil. The water was very dirty and opaque so the Dolphin's sonar helped round up the fish and send them into the nets. Once they were clustered up, the dolphins had easy pickings too. Good tape and very interesting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk