Elk County Information

Started by patyrn, July 02, 2014, 09:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

We found a tea towel in an old home we purchased.  It is embroidered with the initials MRHS 1939.  It is white with red embroidery stitches.  Somewhere in my brain, I thought maybe Moline High School was once named Moline Rural High School.  Does anyone know?  I was just wondering if it was of interest to anyone or to the museum.  It is stained but intact. 

W. Gray

Did not see a reference to Moline Rural High School in the Elk County history book.

The school yearbook was called the Molinian.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

flintauqua

I don't believe that the school in Moline was ever "Moline Rural High School".  I have copies of "Through The Years" which is a historical compilation of the senior class photos and the history of the buildings beginning in 1896.  It was originally published in 1972, and then brought up to date in 2005.  In the original, the pages for the classes of 1937 through 1943 are of each individual senior with a mat overlay, like would be framed and placed on the hallway wall.  In both 1937 and 1943, the mat clearly reads M. H. S. and the respective class year.

Charles
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

patyrn

Now that I think about it, it would be unbelievable if something from Moline schools would be embroidered in red........................so the mystery remains.  Thanks for your information!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk