CORNETT, Steven Wayne - b. February 22, 1965 - d. April 8, 2014

Started by patyrn, April 10, 2014, 02:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Steven Wayne Cornett, age 49, of Haltom City, Texas, passed away on Tuesday, April 8, 2014 at his home in Holtom City, Texas.  He was born on February 22, 1965 at the Fredonia Hospital in Fredonia, Kansas to Eddie and Kathy (Morrow) Cornett of Severy, Kansas.

Steve was a 1983 graduate of West Elk High School in Howard, Kansas.  He worked for his Grandpa and Grandma Morrow at Morrow's Grocery Store in Severy, Kansas.  He loved to hunt, fish, and trap.  He worked for Flint Oak Ranch as a guide for 27 years until moving to Haltom City, Texas in 2012.  He worked for the City of Haltom for a year.

On December 12, 1991, he married Catherine Barton in Fredonia, Kansas.  They later divorced.

Survivors include his fiance, Suzanne Simpson, of the home; son, Steven Cornett, Jr. of Neodesha, Kansas; daughter, Tara Claus and husband, Michael of Neodesha, Kansas; parents, Eddie and Kathy Cornett of Severy, Kansas; sister, Angie Olsman and husband, Jeff of Howard, Kansas; grandson, Kale Claus of Neodesha, Kansas; one nephew and family, Matt Olsman and wife, Stacie, Brooklyn Olsman, Bailey Wood, and Brailynn Olsman; and 2 nieces, Megan Olsman and Mandy Olsman.  He was preceded in death by his twin babies from his first marriage; both sets of grandparents, Harold and Phyllis Morrow and Edgar Cornett and Ruth Cornett-Massey; and his step-grandpa, Ben Massey.

Visitation will be held Monday, April 14, 2014 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Countryside Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas.  Cremation will take place.  Graveside memorial service will be held Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. at South Lawn Cemetery in Severy, Kansas with Pastor Stacy Ellsworth officiating.  Memorials may be made to establish an educational fund for his grandchildren.  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Countryside Funeral Home in Howard, Kansas.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

frawin

Steve was my guide at Flintoak  at least 2 of the times I hunted there. He was a really nice young man. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family. My wife went to school with his Aunt and knows the family as well, a nice family.
Frank

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk