Politics & Ethics (I don't think so)

Started by Ross, April 04, 2014, 06:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

What happened to ethics?
Is this the standard fare of the elite in Kansas?
To sell out on the good citizens of Kansas?
How much respect do you have for the elite?
How much respect do you have for our elected officials?
I didn't like this guy and I didn't vote for him.
But does that make any difference?
Do any politicians have any loyalty to their constituents?
And now the article which is not good advertisement for Kansas period.

Tell Congressman Pompeo
Not to undermine
Your Right to Know

Apparently it wasn't an April fool's joke. Three months after the press revealed the Grocery Manufacturers Association's plan to introduce a federal bill that would make "voluntary labeling" of genetically engineered foods the law of the land, they've finally found a member of Congress willing to introduce it: Kansas Representative Mike Pompeo.

It's no surprise that industry chose the Kansas Republican as their cheerleader. Pompeo was the single largest recipient of campaign funds from Koch Industries in 2010.

It's clear that corporate money = legislative favors with Congressman Pompeo.

And now the Koch brothers are teaming up with Monsanto? Monsanto was the single largest contributor against the recent Washington State ballot initiative to label GE foods. Between Washington State and California, Monsanto, along with GMA and other agribusiness companies, have contributed over $67 million to keep consumers in the dark.

Call Congressman Pompeo and urge him to support your right to know about the food you eat by agreeing not to introduce this bill!

When you call, you can say something like:

"I'm a Kansas resident, and I urge Congressman Pompeo NOT to introduce the industry-backed bill to block the mandatory labeling of genetically engineered foods. Voluntary labeling has been on the books for more than thirteen years, and not a single company has labeled their products as genetically engineered. We need change but this is not it.

Not only would this bill make meaningless voluntary labeling federal law, it would also deny states like Kansas the right to pass meaningful mandatory GE food labeling bills. I expect my Congressman to support my right to know about the food I purchase and feed my family, not undermine it."

Home office: (316) 262-8992
Washington, D.C. office: (202) 225-6216

http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/1881/p/salsa/web/questionnaire/public/?questionnaire_KEY=1594

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk