Answer This...

Started by Warph, March 31, 2014, 10:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I  looked it up and I was wrong.  But since I cheated, I am not going to tell.

Warph

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 12, 2014, 03:14:53 PM
He was too short to reach the elevator button for his floor. If there were other people on, they could do it for him, or he could use his umbrella to push the button on rainy days. HA!

Correctomundo, Diane.  Go to your local Dunkin Donuts and pickup a dozen free donuts for getting the right answer.  Tell 'em, "Larryj sent you."  :laugh:

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

My 1st brother studies aerodynamics, my 2nd brother builds different engines. My 3rd brother is an illustrator, and my fourth, as wise as an owl. About me? I am unanimous to whatever you say!  Who are we ??????????

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

I already knew that one...being an old teacher ya know. ;)

Warph

Okay, Diane... tell me what you've got.
--Warph

-- Warph

Diane Amberg

Warph

Yep.

My 1st brother studies aerodynamics, my 2nd brother builds different engines. My 3rd brother is an illustrator, and my fourth, as wise as an owl. About me? I am unanimous to whatever you say!  Who are we?
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

A man is found murdered in his bathroom naked with blood scattered all around him. The bathroom was locked from inside and there is no trace of any struggle. There is nothing in the bathroom except his pant with the belt still around and his shirt. Also, the medic team can't find any incision in his body that may have been the reason behind so much of blood loss.

The Police department is clueless regarding this murder mystery. But Sherlock Holmes solved the case.

Can you ?

Spoiler Alert : Inspired by Sherlock Holmes Season 3 Episode 2 (The Sign of Three)

And try this old classic puzzle that's been around for many years:

"If we roll two dices (six sided normal dice) together.  What is the probability that the first one comes up with a 2 and the second one comes up with a 5?"
--Warph

-- Warph

W. Gray

No.

But this sounds a lot like how Albert Dekker died, chuckle.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Warph

Quote from: W. Gray on April 18, 2014, 09:40:49 PM
No.

But this sounds a lot like how Albert Dekker died, chuckle.

Oh my Lord.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA...... shades of David Carridine

ALBERT DEKKER
Born: December 20, 1905
Died: May 5, 1968

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then photos of the dead body of Albert Dekker could fill volumes. And they have.

Perhaps there is no more puzzling sexually-tinged death in the annals of Hollywood history. On May 5, 1968, the actor (best-known for his role as Dr. Cyclops) and politician (he won a seat in the California State Assembly in 1944) was found dead in his Hollywood home by his fiancée Geraldine Saunders.

But he was not just dead-he was naked, kneeling in the bathtub, a noose tightly wrapped around his neck and looped around the shower's curtain rod, handcuffs on his wrists and a blindfold covering his eyes, a ball gag in his mouth. Two hypodermic needles were inserted in his arm. His body was covered in explicit words written in red lipstick. A woman's vagina was drawn on his stomach, and his nipples had been turned into miniature sun rays. His body was starting to turn purple.

What to think?

Some thought the six-foot-three, 240-pound Dekker was gay and was accidentally killed by a male hustler. The coroner's take? Dekker had engaged in autoerotic asphyxiation-the act of self-hanging while masturbating-and accidentally killed himself. The cause of death was officially listed as "accidental."

Al's sex-charged ashes reside in the Garden State Crematory in North Bergen, New Jersey.

[...]

People who died in the bathroom while taking a dump

The following is a list of people who are alleged to have died in the bathroom.  In the case of earlier people, the legends may be inaccurate.

Eglon, King of Moab BCE, Old Testament, murdered by Ehud (stabbed in the bowels) while relieving himself in his private chamber. Judges 3:1-31

Elagabalus, Emperor of Rome (203 - 222), murdered by the Praetorian Guard, along with his mother, Julia Soaemias, in the Emperor's latrine, where the pair had gone to hide
Arius of Alexandria, founder of Arianism (256 - 336), died of a flux of his bowels, possibly as the result of poisoning

Edmund Ironside, King of England (989 - 1016), allegedly stabbed in the bowels while using the toilet

James I, King of Scotland (1394 - 1437), murdered while trying to flee through his bathroom into the sewers. A lady-in-waiting, Lady Catherine Douglas, attempted to keep the door closed to protect the King, but the killers smashed down the door and broke her arm.

Uesugi Kenshin, Japanese warlord (1530 - 1568), allegedly died while sitting on the toilet

Henry III, King of France (1551 - 1589), murdered by a monk in his toilet

Arthur Capell, 1st Earl of Essex (1631 - 1683), committed suicide in the Tower of London while sitting on the toilet

George II, King of Great Britain and Ireland (1683 - 1760), died of an aortic dissection while using his toilet.

Jean-Paul Marat, French Revolutionary (1743 - 1793), stabbed to death by Charlotte Corday in his bathtub

Catherine the Great, Empress of Russia (1729 - 1796), died of a stroke while sitting on the toilet

Reginald Heber, English bishop and hymn writer (1783 - 1826), died of an apoplectic fit while in his bath

Sir John Sparrow David Thompson, Prime Minister of Canada (1845 - 1894), died of a heart attack in the bathtub while visiting with Queen Victoria at Windsor Castle

Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, Founder of Ahmadiyya religious movement (1835 - 1908), died of cholera in Lahore in a public toilet

The victims of George Joseph Smith, the "Brides in the Bath Murderer":
Beatrice Constance Annie, died 1912 in the toilet
Alice Burnham, died 1912 in the bathroom
Margaret Elizabeth Lofty, died 1914 in the bathroom

Lupe V�lez, Mexican actress (1908 - 1944), committed suicide with Seconal, found dead on the floor of her bathroom

Maria Montez, Dominican actress (1912 - 1951), drowned in her bathtub after presumably suffering a heart attack

Tod Browning, American film director (1880 - 1962), died on the floor of friends' bathroom after having had surgery for throat cancer

Dorothy Dandridge, American actress (1922 - 1965), of an overdose of Imipramine, in the bathroom of her apartment in New York City

Lenny Bruce, American comedian (1925 - 1966), died of a morphine overdose in the bathroom of his home in Beverly Hills, California

Evelyn Waugh, English writer (1903 - 1966), died while sitting on the toilet

Vivien Leigh, British actress, (1913 - 1967), of tuberculosis, found dead on the floor of her bathroom

Charles Chaplin Jr., American actor (1925 - 1968), died of a brain embolism on the floor of his grandmother's bathroom

Albert Dekker, American character actor, (1905 - 1968), of auto-asphyxiation in his bathtub

Thomas Merton, American Trappist monk and author (1915 � 1968), died by being accidentally electrocuted in his bathtub in a hotel in Bangkok.

Judy Garland, American actress and singer (1922 - 1969), died of a drug overdose in the bathroom of her London house

Jim Morrison, American singer (1943 - 1971), died in the bathtub of his hotel in Paris, of a heart attack

Louis Kahn, Estonian-American architect (1901 - 1974), died of a heart attack in the bathroom of Pennsylvania Station in New York City

Elvis Presley, American singer (1935 - 1977), died of a heart attack (Caused by a huge case of CONSTIPATION, STRAINNING TOO HARD) in the bathroom of his home, Graceland, in Memphis, Tennessee

Claude Fran�ois, French singer (1939 - 1978), died in of electrocution from blow-drying his hair while taking a bath.

Nancy Spungen, girlfriend of Sid Vicious (1958 - 1978), died of stab wounds to the stomach

Jack Nance, American actor, (1943 - 1996), died of blunt force trauma to the head, two days after being involved in a brawl, found dead on the floor of his bathroom

Don Simpson, American film producer (1943 - 1996), died of a heart attack on the toilet

Edmond Safra, international banker (1932- 1999), died in the bathroom of his penthouse apartment in Monte Carlo, Monaco, during a fire

Robert Pastorelli, American actor (1954 - 2004), alleged to have been found on the floor of his bathroom, of a heroin overdose

Domino Harvey, bounty hunter, daughter of actor Lawrence Harvey (1969 - 2005), found dead in her bathtub from an overdose of fentanyl

Eddie Guerrero, professional wrestler, (1967 - 2005), found dead in his hotel bathroom due to heart failure caused by previous years of steroid abuse.

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk