community welcome basket

Started by indygal, January 11, 2007, 09:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanna

Marjean, you surely may send any of my comments to the paper.  Hope I spelled everything right! HA! HA! 

Howard does need more input in the paper.  If the folks here need to put some effort out to make that happen, we'd all better hop to it.  Humboldt lost their paper altogether a while back and that was a real eye-opener for all the nay-sayers who didn't believe it would make a difference.  No place to publish wedding & baby announcements, advertise a garage sale, find out about school happenings, or read feature articles about things going on here.

Goodness, I need to find something to keep me off my soapbox.  Guess I'll go start a pot of chili or something.   ::)

Janet Harrington

I think that at this time, the Howard Chamber is more active than it was 2 years ago.  The welcome baskets are only a success as long as there are people willing to put them together and pass them out.  Two years ago the welcome committee may not have been as pleasant as our Marjean.

genealogynut

Joanna, it is really nice to know that I'm not the only one that gets on my soapbox! ;D

indygal

Marjean,

By all means, you may send my note to the newspaper. All too often, people write letters to the editor to complain about something in their towns and rarely take the time to point out when good things happen. So, absolutely, let's let everyone know what a great little place Howard is!

To sign the letter, our names are Lynne Thompson and Terrell Guillory. It would look a little weird to have it signed "indygal".....LOL

We're not sure when our next trip over will be, especially with the weather we're having, but what do you all think about meeting one Saturday for lunch at Poplars? Just to put names and faces together and visit a little? We'd be sure to let everyone know well in advance when we'll be in town so it would be easier to plan. I think it sounds like fun. And bring hubbies/SO's too....that way Terrell wouldn't feel like he landed in the middle of a sewing circle! LOL

hhjacobs

Thanks for the permisson gals. I wish more people would let me right good things. Usually they say don't write what I said. Lynne we would be glad to get together some Saturday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk