Personal Infrared Camera

Started by Leonardcrl, January 17, 2014, 01:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leonardcrl

Okay you techies, hunters, night people etc.  Thought you might be interested in this. 
It is from the Consumer Electronics Show.

"Thermal Imager For Smart Phone."

Regards
-=crl=-
Regards
-=Carl=-
San Antonio Tx.

larryJ

Interesting.......but I don't think I am going to get one.  I am not awake when its dark. ;D

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

I've had chances to use the bigger ones we use at fires.Really useful for finding hot spots and missing people pets, etc. When the kids come to the firehouse it is interesting to have them hold their hand against the side of an engine for a bit and then show them their own hand's heat signature on the metal...their own "ghost."

Delbert

What has gone wrong with this part of Elk County forum?  Very little posting.  Not getting along?

Jane

I truly believe people do not use the forum anymore because there are people on here that puts their two cents in on everything thread there is. They have been there done that, invented it and pat their self on the back for everything and people are tired of listening to it.  ::)

larryJ

Delbert, there are many reasons (IMHO) why you don't see postings.  Most of those who look at the Forum without signing on are interested in what is posted daily, but don't feel the need to comment or want to put their opinions out there for someone else to put down. Have you ever looked at the bottom of the General Category page?  There you will see that there might be over 100 people looking at the Forum and yet only a few who have actually signed on.  There are many diverse topics to look at and discuss and there are those who feel that they "know it all" and express their opinion.  Pretty much like I am doing now. ;D

However, this particular thread was started about an electronic device and after two replies about the subject drifted into something else.  Part of the problem is that some opinions or questions such as yours belong in a whole new topic and not in the one being discussed.  Common oversight, but it happens. 

And, Jane, you are correct.  A lot of us post our thoughts or opinions and there are those who have said "I don't need this noise" or "why should I say anything when somebody is going to disagree with me."  I don't blame them.  I miss many of those who used to post and have stopped.  I valued their thoughts and opinions and I wish they would continue to do so. 

That said, back to the subject at hand. 

I did know about thermal imaging as it is used here by rescue workers.  One of these days we will all have 3-D thermal, telescopic abilities built into our glasses!!!!!!!!!!!  Won't that be fun!!!!!!!

Larryj

Bullwinkle

Off hand, ( and off topic ), I think some are in the throes of winter depression. When you spend much of your time inside just trying to stay warm, you don't do or see much to talk about.

On the other hand, :D, this post was started by someone that is not a usual poster, and got a response from two that haven't lately.

Now with foot firmly in mouth, this technology is great, but who can afford it? Personally, I can't.

With other foot behind my neck, doing my morning yoga, sometimes I log in just to see what the "amazing Warphster" has found lately. :o ??? ::) 8) :-*

readyaimduck

Quotefind studs in walls

My own walls?????
Oh yeah!   This is what I have been looking for.  I have been all along, trying to find them in bars or church! :)

Delbert

Sorry, I thought I was starting a new question and then when I did post I realized I was in the dreaded infrared camera section that very few can survive.

larryJ

LOL........"dreaded infrared camera section"  funny........however, it will become more and more common in the future I think.  Many home security systems use motion detectors for the alarm system, but infrared sensors work also.  They detect heat sources. besides body heat, for fires such as the commercial ones do and report it directly to the fire department through the alarm system.  Who knows?

Now what is happening with Ready's off the wall remark?

Never mind, I don't wanna know.

Larryj

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk