Flag represents resistance to oppressive central government

Started by redcliffsw, October 11, 2013, 08:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Excellent post, Red...

As to the other article on this site:
"Editorial: In government shutdown, the revenge of the South"http://www.stltoday.com/news/opinion/columns/the-platform/editorial-in-government-shutdown-the-revenge-of-the-south/article_ef234cfe-17ed-5049-a806-067ce4406761.html

Regarding the editorial "The South's revenge" and accompanying Confederate flag cartoon with Republican party logos instead of stars (Oct. 7):

(Funny thing though....  all the black Congressman who actually represent majority white districts are mostly Republicans.  Also, the writer is very selective with his history.  Demo-rats supported slavery, Jim Crow, and Black Codes.  They opposed almost every piece of Civil Rights legislation as well as the 13th, 14th, & 15th amendments. Republican support was crucial to the passage of every piece of Civil Rights legislation.  Republican martyrs in the Civil Rights struggle number over 1700, while the number of Demo-rat martyrs can be counted on one hand.  In fact, every villain of the Civil Rights era was a Demo-rat.  BTW, the Demo-rats founded the KKK not once but twice.  And while we're talking history and use of the n-word, I think it was Demo-rat President Lyndon Johnson who famous remarked about his Great Society program: "I'll have those niggers voting Demo-ratic for the next 200 years."  And, golly gee... come to think of it, the Demo-rats kept an Exalted Cyclops of the KKK in office as President Pro Tem of the Senate... third in line to the presidency.... right up until 2010.  

Let's face it folks, Demo-rats absolutely have to be ashamed of their history and the fact that they've consistently been on the wrong side of Civil Rights history throughout their party's existence.  Which is why we routinely get little gems of projection like this article from the liberal editorial board.)

(Go to 2:44 and 3:04 to hear
a sound.. SCARY AS HELL... coming at you & you know you are about to die)
"The Real Rebel Yell"
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk