StarVu Drive In-El Dorado, KS

Started by farmgal67357, August 10, 2013, 03:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmgal67357

This is a super neat place!! Please vote so they can get digital equipment!!!  http://projectdrivein.com/#vote_36
Thanks, Lisa ;D
Lisa

oldfart

VOTE FOR WHAT IT;S FOR SALE RIGHT NOW

farmgal67357

No, it's not. There is a group in charge of it and they were tying to raise the funds to buy the digital equipment needed to show new movies. They are the ones who entered it into this contest that Honda came up with.
Lisa
Lisa

W. Gray

A committee called Save the Star-Vu Theater, has been working this year to raise enough money to buy the closed theater, install digital equipment, and re-open the theater for the 2014 season.

No word on how successful they have been but looks like that group has been showing some limited old movies, such as GREASE, and having events to raise money for their cause.

The committee operates the Star-Vu Facebook page. The voting for Star-Vu is under a program sponsored by Honda. The five most voted for drive ins receive new digital equipment from Honda.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

farmgal67357

Yep, that's it! Maybe it is for sale, all I know is that these people are trying to save their Drive In. I grew up with one in Parsons. There aren't many left!
Lisa
Lisa

Jane

I grew up with 4 of them in Topeka, KS. Dillon's sets in one location, Wal Mart sets in two locations. The last one to go is just an empty lot.

farmgal67357

Sad, ain't it? Seeing a movie at a Drive In can be a wonderful family experience!!
Lisa
Lisa

oldfart

Had 2 in Farmington NM.where I grew up 1 was a twin 2 screns diff. movies ,fogged up a lot of windows . As akid our house was behind  one drive inn ,we built atree house someone go over the fence turn the back row of speakers on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk