Ain’t It the Truth? . . . . .

Started by redcliffsw, July 19, 2013, 01:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Obuma To Detroit: Drop Dead

(Oopsie, guess he's not too "dishonored" by letting Detroit fail.  I thought he said during campaign with Romney that he would never let Detroit go bankrupt.  Hmmm... I guess it just isn't that important to Valerie Jarrett any more)

Via The American Interest:
http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/wrm/2013/07/18/obama-to-detroit-drop-dead/

Detroit, one of the 20th century's great American cities, is now almost certain to stagger through the early 21st century in Chapter 9 bankruptcy. The WSJ reports
that the chances of out-of-court settlement are scant...
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324263404578611893593441664.html?mod=itp

Emergency manager Kevyn Orr is unlikely to reach agreements with enough of Detroit's bondholders and pension funds to restructure the city's debt:

Mr. Orr "has taken such a hard line with creditors that a bankruptcy filing is inevitable," [research advisory director Matt] Fabian said.

[...]

A "free fall" bankruptcy filing—one without a clear plan or much agreement beforehand with creditors—is a likely outcome.

Buried in the middle of the report is a telling climax to this sorry tragedy:

Any hope of a federal bailout to avert bankruptcy fizzled last week after Mr. Orr spoke with the White House, including Obama confidante Valerie Jarrett, according to city and White House officials.

This is where blue governance has brought Detroit in the end: not even a liberal Democratic administration will step in to save the pensions of thousands of public workers and African Americans, condemning countless innocents to having their pensions and health benefits gutted in bankruptcy court.

UPDATE

Judge Orders Detroit Bankruptcy Withdrawn, Claims It
"Doesn't Honor The [POS] President"

(That's what it's all about, isn't it?  Hail, Dear Leader!)

Via Detroit News:
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130719/METRO01/307190099/Ingham-County-judge-rules-Detroit-bankruptcy-withdrawn?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Lansing — Ruling the governor and Detroit's emergency manager violated the state constitution, an Ingham County Circuit judge ordered Friday that Detroit's federal bankruptcy filing be withdrawn.

"It's absolutely needed," said Judge Rosemary Aquilina, observing she hopes Gov. Rick Snyder "reads certain sections of the (Michigan) constitution and reconsiders his actions."

The judge said state law guards against retirement benefits being "diminished" but there will be no such protection in federal bankruptcy court.

State-level legal skirmishing over the Chapter 9 bankruptcy effort by Snyder and Detroit Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr now will quickly move to the Michigan Court of Appeals.

Attorney General Bill Schuette, on behalf of Snyder, filed an application for Appeals Court consideration of Aquilina's order an hour after it was issued.

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Poll: 7 of Top 10 Countries That Hate America The Most Are Muslim,
Zero of Top 10 Countries That Like America Are Muslim

Via (gulp)Yahoo! News:
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exchange/10-countries-love-hate-america-most-163930019.html

Some nations still have a soft spot for the U.S., however. Of 39 nations where Pew conducted surveys, here are the 10 where people have the most favorable impression of the U.S.:

1. Philippines (percentage with a favorable view of the United States: 85%)
2. Israel (83%)
3. Ghana (83%)
4. Senegal (81%)
5. Kenya (81%)
6. El Salvador (79%)
7. South Korea (78%)
8. Italy (76%)
9. Uganda (73%)
10. Brazil (73%)

[...]

Here are the 10 nations with the least favorable impression of the U.S., according to Pew:

(Note: 4 of the top 5 anti-American countries are major recipients of U.S. aid)

1. Pakistan (percentage with a favorable view of the United States: 11%) – Islamic
2. Jordan (14%) - Islamic
3. Palestinian territories (16%) - Islamic
4. Egypt (16%) - Islamic
5. Turkey (21%) - Islamic
6. Greece (39%)
7. China (40%)
8. Argentina (41%)
9. Tunisia (42%) - Islamic
10. Lebanon (47%) - Islamic

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Indiana Department Of Insurance Says Rates To Skyrocket
By 72% Under Obamacare

Wha... Wait a minute, didn't the Clown say rates would go down?)

INDIANAPOLIS –
http://nwigazette.wordpress.com/2013/07/18/health-insurance-rates-to-skyrocket-in-indiana-says-dept-of-insurance/

As a result of the federal Affordable Care Act, individual health insurance rates in Indiana will increase by an average of 72% in 2014 according to Logan Harrison, Chief Deputy Commissioner at the Indiana Department of Insurance. Small group rates will increase by 8%.

Harrison commented, "This new data regrettably confirms the negative impact of the Affordable Care Act on the insurance market in Indiana. The Affordable Care Act requires many Hoosiers to purchase more comprehensive and more expensive health insurance than they may want or need. These rates call into question just how affordable health insurance will really be for many Hoosiers."[/1]

Harrison noted that the State's actuary predicted this substantial rate increase in 2010, after passage of the Affordable Care Act. He also mentioned that other states being highlighted as benefitting from the Affordable Care Act have already seen exorbitant health insurance rate increases in past years as a result of similar failed policy initiatives. Many of these states have more onerous insurance market regulations than even under the Affordable Care Act.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Family Premiums Up $1,975 Since Obamacare Passed,
But Obuma Touts $100 Rebates

(Math is hard for ol' Bozo.  If this Clown had to sit down and explain Obumacare to America, he wouldn't last two minutes  before you heard ah, eh... aaa... ehh.. errr... [silence])

(CNSNews.com) –
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/family-premiums-1975-obamacare-passed-obama-touts-100-rebates

One day after 22 House Democrats joined Republicans in voting to delay Obamacare's individual mandate, President Obama used his bully pulpit to tout the law's benefits as well as the "savings" already resulting from the Affordable Care Act.

In a speech at the White House Thursday, the president explained that because of the Affordable Care Act, insurance companies must spend at least 80 percent of every dollar paid in premiums on health care. Those that don't meet that requirement must send their customers refunds.

"Last year, millions of Americans opened letters from their insurance companies — but instead of the usual dread that comes from getting a bill — they were pleasantly surprised with a check," Obama said. "In 2012, 13 million rebates went out, in all 50 states. Another 8.5 [million] rebates are being sent out this summer, averaging around 100 bucks each."

(Where the hell is my check, Bozo????????????????)

[...]

According to the Kaiser Family Foundation, health care premiums for the average family cost $15,745 in 2012 -– an increase of $1,975 from the $13,770 they cost in 2010, the year President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act into law. Employees pick up some, but not all, of that cost.

(All HorseCrap)
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Barack Hussein Obama's Twitter Account Calls His Own Remarks Today: "Powerful"

TWEET:

Barack Hussein Obama        ✔ @BarackObama 
A powerful statement by President Obama today: http://ofa.bo/e6SUaT 11:59 AM - 19 Jul 2013
President Obama's remarks on Trayvon Martin (full transcript)
President Obama spoke Friday at the White House about the killing of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin.
Post Politics @postpolitics
1,869 Retweets 865 favorites Reply

(Ah yes...NARCISSISM on parade)

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk