George Seimers passed away

Started by hhjacobs, December 28, 2006, 02:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hhjacobs

Did any of you know George Seimers passed away? He was a classmate of Henry's at Severy. His family were dear friends to us "Brinks". As kids we helped put a many a bales of hay with our dads. Sure sorry that he is gone. Louise, his wife will surly miss him.

Janet Harrington

Wilma

Yes.  and there were a few other brothers, too.

Janet Harrington

Well, I know Leon who married Patricia Harper, called Trish.  There was one that married one of the Nusz twins.  Renee I think.  Steve is his name.  He was in Jean's class and Renee and her twin sister Rhonda were in Patti's class.  Renee and Steve live in Sedan or at least they did.  Trish and Leon, of course, are Elk County citizens.  I believe Trish works at the Severy Grade School.

emptynest

Trish Seimears works at the Howard First National Bank, I think.  She worked at Severy Elementary in the careteria about 4 or 5 years ago.

Wilma

There is also a Charles who married Beth Meadows and I think there was an Allen.

hhjacobs

George's brohers are, Walt (decessed) Allen, Leon, Charles, Steve. Sisters Mazie, Gurtude, Fransis' Cora Sue, and I think there are two more but my memory is foggy.

Wilma

I did say there were a few others.  I knew Marjean could fill us in on this.

severy kid

GEORGE EDWIN SEIMEARS
Copied from Legacy.com

George Edwin Seimears, 61, of Lone Jack, MO passed from this earthly life into heaven on December 24, 2006, after a long battle with Amyloidosis. Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Thursday, December 28th at the First Baptist Church of Oak Grove; burial in Sni Mills Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 5-8 p.m. Wednesday at Royer Funeral Home, Oak Grove. In lieu of flowers, the family suggests contributions to the Mayo Clinic for a cure of Amyloidosis. George was born on February 13, 1945 in Eureka, KS to George & Alpha (VanZandt) Seimears, into a family of 13 siblings. He married Louise Hughes on August 17, 1963. George was born again on March 8, 1970 and was a bold witness for Christ. He would share the gospel wherever the door would open. He was one of the founders of Oak Grove Bible Church in 1973 and has served as an Elder and Sunday School teacher ever since. George loved the great outdoors and all of God's creation. He could name almost every tree in the woods, birds that flew in the sky, and mushrooms on the ground. He was an avid hunter & fisherman. He enjoyed working on Model A's & antique cars. He was a member of the Heart of America Model A Ford Club. George worked at General Motors from 1964 to 1971. He purchased Alco Cabinet in Oak Grove in 1972 and ran it until 1988. He semi-retired, but soon learned how to trim houses and build decks, until his health made the work prohibitive. His parents, one brother, and one sister preceded George in death. His survivors include his wife of 43 years, Louise Seimears of the home; three children & their mates: Jeff & Karen Seimears of Oak Grove, Jill & Todd Bates of Richmond, MO, and Leslie & Jeff Hall of Oak Grove; nine grandchildren: Sadie, Brooke, Jeffrey, Kristen, Tyler, Nick, Alex, Nathaniel, & Evan; six sisters; four brothers; and a host of nephews and nieces. Everyone is relieved that George is not suffering any more, but he leaves a void in the lives of all who knew him. (Arrangements: Royer Funeral Home).
Published in the Kansas City Star on 12/27/2006.

Janet Harrington

Thank you severy kid.  I copied and pasted his obit into the Obituaries book.  When i get to read about people who were born and raised in the area, it sure brings back memories.  Talking about George Seimears brought back memories of Beth Meadows who married Charles Seimears.  Beth and my sister, Jimmie Ann, were friends in school.  We used to buy our milk from the Meadows dairy.  Memories.  How wonderful.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk