HARRIS, Joan Marie (VanBuskirk) - b. September 6, 1929 - d. June 28, 2013

Started by frawin, July 05, 2013, 01:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

I just got word that Joan had passed away. Her services are Tuesday in Salina, Kansas. I grew up across the street from Joan, she was like a big sister to me. I got to have a good visit with her at Howard on Memorial Day. Joan graduated from Howard High in the class of 1947.

patyrn

Joan Marie Harris, 83, of Salina, Kansas, died Friday, June 28, 2013.  She was born September 6, 1929 in Howard, Kansas, the daughter of Charles Bryan and Georgia Marie (Lane) VanBuskirk.

Joan was a graduate of Howard High School class of 1947.  She was a Librarian for U.S.D.#305 and a homemaker.  She married William E. Harris on August 7, 1950.  He survives her as do her son, Brian Harris of Great Bend, Kansas, and her daughter, Deanna Harris of Salina, Kansas.

Memorial services will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday, July 9, 2013 at the Ryan Mortuary Service in Salina, Kansas.  Memorials are suggested to First United Methodist Radio Mission Fund.  Services are entrusted to Ryan Mortuary Service, 137 N. Eighth Street, Salina, Kansas 67401.

(taken from the Ryan Mortuary Service website)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk