"FEEL Good" Story of the Day

Started by Warph, June 30, 2013, 12:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Three Jihadi Work Accidents Kills 6 Taliban Fighters After Their Roadside Bombs Detonate Prematurely

KABUL – Six Taliban accidentally blew themselves up with their own bombs June 27 in separate incidents, Bakhtar News Agency reported, citing an Afghan Interior Ministry statement.

They were trying to plant bombs to target security forces, but the devices detonated prematurely, the statement said.

The incidents occurred in the Tanay District of Khost Province, the Zankhan District of Ghazni Province and the Zhamkani District of Paktia Province.

http://centralasiaonline.com/en_GB/articles/caii/newsbriefs/2013/06/28/newsbrief-18

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Denver Gun Manufacturer Magpul Gives Away 1500 Free 30-Round Magazines,
In Advance Of Law Banning Them

(Nice... very nice.   They also sold more to raise money to unseat the gun control
Neanderthal politicians who came up with the law)

GLENDALE, CO — Gun-owners and gun-lovers converged on Infinity Park on Saturday afternoon in a last-minute protest against a new Colorado law banning the sale of magazines of more than 15 rounds.

"You are in the Vatican of liberty, the Luxembourg of freedom," Glendale Mayor Mike Dunfon told the crowd at the beginning of the rally.Organizers say some 5,000 people attended the "Farewell to Arms Freedom" festival, which was hosted by Free Colorado, a nonprofit group that advocates for firearms rights.

Hours before the event began, people formed a line over a half- mile long outside the park. The first 1,500 who were at least 18 years old were handed tickets they could redeem for a free 30-round magazine, courtesy of Magpul Industries.

Magpul donated a total of 20,000 magazines for the event, which featured live music, speakers and food. All the free magazines arrived, with great fanfare, via helicopter. The rest were sold at a discounted price of $10, with all of the proceeds going to the group's recall efforts against state Senate President John Morse and state Sen. Angela Giron, both Democrats.

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

*Sign of the Day*
"1984" Was Not Supposed to Be an Instruction Manual

"There was of course no way of knowing whether you were being watched at any given moment.  How often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in on any individual wire was guesswork.  It was even conceivable that they watched everybody all the time.  But at any rate they could plug in your wire whenever they wanted to.  You had to live... did live, from habit that became instinct... in the assumption that every sound you made was overheard, and, except in darkness, every movement scrutinized."

~ Excerpt from George Orwell's chilling futuristic novel "1984"

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Jihadi Work Accident:
Taliban Suicide Bomber Riding Motorcycle Killed
When Bomb Vest Detonates Prematurely

(Oopsy daisy...)

KABUL, July 1 (Xinhua) — Twenty-two militants have been killed during military operations in different Afghan provinces within the last 24 hours, said the country's Interior Ministry on Monday morning.

"Afghan National Police (ANP) with the cooperation of army, intelligence service and coalition forces conducted several cleanup operations in Nangarhar, Sari Pul, Jowzjan, Kandahar, Uruzgan, Logar, Paktiya, Farah, Helmand and Nimroz provinces over the last 24 hours. As a result 22 armed Taliban were killed and nine other Taliban were detained," the ministry said in a statement providing daily operational updates. [...]

In northern Kunduz province, a suicide attacker was killed when his explosive jacket went off prematurely earlier Monday morning.

The killed militants were riding a motorcycle along a road in Dasht-e-Archi district in the province 250 km north of Kabul and no civilian was harmed in the bombing, the district administrative chief Sheikh Sadruddin told Xinhua. The target of the attacker remained unknown.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Sen. Chuckie Schumer - The Penguin: 
Separated At Birth

(Why would they insult the penguin like that... he might be a villain,
but at least he's not an complete idiot)
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

General Mills Says Lucky Charms
Will Be The Official Gay Cereal

(Now.. ain't that Sweet!... there own cereal. 
Hard to believe food producers are willing to sacrifice their products for 2% of the population.
Wisdom has left the Board Room)

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

MSNBC Ratings In Free Fall...
Liberal Network Sees Worst Quarter Since 2007

Via Hollywood Reporter:
Two quarters into its rebrand under Jeff Zucker, there's good news and bad news for CNN. Nielsen Media Research has the cable news network rising to top MSNBC for a rare second-place finish behind Fox News Channel during the second quarter, but CNN ended the first half of the year with June viewership dipping to a monthly low not seen in nearly a year.

Reclaiming the runner-up slot from MSNBC for the first time since 2010, CNN's quarterly returns were up from the first quarter and up dramatically from last June's 21-year lows. In total viewership, the network was up year-over-year by equal measures in both total day and primetime, while its demo showing improved most in primetime. But after the major breaking news events — the Boston Marathon bombing, Oklahoma tornadoes, the Jodi Arias trial — had passed, June saw the network slip to its lowest viewership (total day and primetime) since last August, before Zucker took the helm. [...]

MSNBC delivered its worst quarterly primetime showing among total viewers and adults 25-54 since 2007. The cable network suffered dips as other networks benefited from the quarter's bigger news stories. MSNBC's primetime returns in total viewers (576,000) and the key demo (191,000) were at lows not seen since the fourth and second quarters of 2007, respectively. The network did manage to improve month-to-month from it lows in May, when it fell below perennial fourth-place newser HLN.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

FEEL Good Story of the Day if you're Gay or somewhere in the LGBT Community ...And you 2% screwed-up Clowns think you can rule the other 98% of us.  POS Obuma thinks you can and so does the Wash.D.C. council:

D.C. Passes Bill Allowing Men And Women Who Dress Up Like Other Sex To Change The Gender On Their Birth Certificates

So you can have a penis and be listed as a woman...how nice.... how sweet.
All together now... let's celebrate diversity! ::)   :P >:( :(

(CNSNews.com) – On a voice vote on Wednesday, the D.C. Council unanimously approved a bill that will allow anatomical males and females who have undergone "gender transition" to get a new birth certificate listing the gender they choose.

Mayor Vincent Gray, a Democrat, is expected to sign the bill, which will then face a 30-day period for congressional review. If Congress does not intervene, the law will go into effect following that review period.

The JaParker Deoni Jones Birth Certificate Equality Amendment Act of 2013 – named for a transgender man who was stabbed to death in 2012 — amends the Vital Records Act of 1981 and directs that the D.C. Registrar "shall issue a new birth certificate that reflects the new gender designation of an individual born in the District of Columbia."

The bill requires from a parent, guardian, or legal representative "a statement, signed under penalty of law, by a health-care provider licensed in the District of Columbia who has treated or evaluated the individual stating that the individual has undergone surgical, hormonal, or other medically appropriate treatment for a gender transition."

The bill also ends the practice of marking birth certificates as "amended," and states that a new birth certificate will be issued and the original birth certificate "sealed."

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

"Bye, Bye Big Sis... thank GOD you are going to California...
the 'Land of the free and the home of the Gay' and not Arizona...
Hey, you raise the right hand, not the left when taking the Oath but,
you tried... and lied...
and I'm sure Obuma will nominate someone as inept as you.  
Have fun at U.of CA."

...Warph

Runner-ups for her DHS:
In the run-up to the 2012 election, National Journal named New York City Police Commissioner Ray Kelly, Bill Bratton, and retired Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen as possible successors for Napolitano at Homeland Security if she were to step down. In the political world, former Senator Joe Lieberman is also a rumored possibility to take the job, in part because he could help make a possibly contentious Senate confirmation process a bit easier. NBC's Chuck Todd also mentioned former Rep. Jane Harman as a possible replacement.

Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley could also be something of a dark-horse candidate. O'Malley was named by President Obama as a chairman of a national homeland security panel in February. The governor also has strong 2016 ambitions.

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk