Elk County schools

Started by Wilma, December 27, 2006, 09:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Granny

Quote from: frawin on September 25, 2007, 08:00:38 PM
Stoney Point was located on the River Road just south of the Hitt place.  The Kilpatrick place is on the east side of the road.  Guy Morgan Denton had it.  It was a big 2 story white house.  Sally, ask my mother and she can tell you exactly where it was as she and her 2 sisters went to school there.  The Hitt place is gone now.  Mike and Irvina Harrod lived there in later years; and I believe it was lost in the flood of 1976. 

Myrna
Probably should have put the picture here.  This explains where it is.   On the back of the picture it says Stoney Point School.  Sally could you posssibly take a picture of the quilt top you have and post it.  That would be interesting!
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Bonnie M.

This is a great map! 

The School House in # 34 is Cove, and the one in #31 is Pleasant Hill.  I've sent the map to Janet Hadlock, and Robert Megredy, both grew up in the Cove District, to see if they can identify the two schools west of Cove.

It would be interesting if someone with the "know how" could place the names of the schools on the map!  And, that wouldn't be me!

We lived a half mile east and a mile and a half south of the Cove School house, for "many years!"  We own a hundred and sixty acres in # 35. 
Bonnie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk