Tornado watch in KS. & OK

Started by Warph, May 19, 2013, 06:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Video:
Storm Team 12 Chaser Scott Roberts was following the storm as it developed in Moore, Oklahoma. He spoke about what he saw on Eyewitness News at 10:00.

http://www.kwch.com/videogallery/76000854/Weather/Storm-Team-12-Chaser-Scott-Roberts-talks-about-Moore-tornado

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Bullwinkle

No, the closest sighting was around Dexter. However, some of the wheat got laid down. Hope it recovers.

Teresa

It is so sticky and still tonight.. weird feeling out..
I hope we slip by all of it for the next couple days..

Warph

5/19/2013 Viola, KS Rope Tornado
Published on May 19, 2013
Video of tornado southwest of Wichita from same storm that produced the Wichita tornado within 30 minutes of this tornado. Tornado clip shot northeast of Viola, KS.

5/18/2013 Rozel, Kansas Tornado and lightning
Shots 1-3.) Large tornado moves toward Rozel with lightning and sunset
Shots 4-6.) Second tornado west of Rozel

5/18/2013 Sanford, KS Cone Tornado
Published on May 18, 2013
Large, high contrast cone tornado touches down north of Sanford, KS
just at sunset. Various shots of tornado churning in field, including
wide angle shots of storm with tornado including rope out.
Last two scenes from Brownell, KS of brief multivortex tornado near
a farm stead and lofting a piece of debris in the air

New tornado footage in from the storms that hit the Burdett and Rozel, Kansas area tonight.
Published on May 18, 2013
Scene 1 - Tornado #1 near Burdett, KS
Scene 2-3 Tornado #3 East of Rozel, KS
Scene 3 - Tornado #1 Just prior to rope stage.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Pic's of the DAY:  Moore, OK.

""US Marines just found this US Flag buried in the rubble. They raised the flag just now," reported the Weather Network's Jaclyn Whittal."

"Navy guys tell me that the flag -they guess from someone's home- was raised like this when they got here," reported TIME's Jay Small

Other flags were raised above the tornado rubble, including this one from the Plaza Towers elementary school.
"A symbol of the #Moore community's resilience through tough times– the American flag back up at Plaza Towers School," reported FOX-25 Reporter Priscilla Luong.

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Teresa

This was taken yesterday ~~~~

Warph

Has anyone heard from Frank Winn?  He lives in Oklahoma, doesn't he?
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

The Tornado Titans got caught up in a tornado cluster in Oklahoma tonight...
A barn and large bale of hay flew right at the car.  They thought they were going to die!

WILD VIDEO—
Titans scream, "We're gonna die!!"

From the video: Brett and Brandon got extremely close to a violent tornadic circulation that produced multiple tornadoes in very close range... The team was hit by inflow jet winds into the tornado and their vehicle received damage as a barn was completely destroyed. A hay bale came barreling across the road and was tossed into their car.. The team is very fortunate to live to chase another day... Incredible storm chaser traffic prevented an escape from the tornado like normal.. There have been fatalities with this tornado.. The team's thoughts go out to those affected!
Hat Tip Ed

The Weather Channel Tornado Hunt Team was also shaken up after their chase vehicles took a direct hit by a violent tornado west of Oklahoma City
--Warph

-- Warph

patyrn

Frank Winn DOES live in Oklahoma in Bartlesville in the NE part of the state. 

Here in the OKC area, it is a beautiful Saturday morning with cool temperatures and sunny skies, much different from our roller coaster night of tornadoes and flooding.  No damage at our home, and our kids are fine in their areas, too.  Others are not so fortunate............................

frawin

Thanks Warph, we are fine, had Tornadoes all around us last night. We have a solid steel safe room and several neighbors came over last night and we were in it for awhile. Twice in the last week we have had people gather in our safe room. Karen, looks like traffic and storms were bad in your area last night.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk