It is STILL RAINING!!!!!

Started by Wilma, January 29, 2013, 10:38:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Jar, I only meant that I didn't care if it rained on you.  But if it does rain on you, please bring some of it home with you.

W. Gray

It ain't over 'til its over.

Four to six inches of snow expected here in Centennial, CO, starting tomorrow night through Wednesday morning.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

larryJ

In the news, a picture of playing baseball in the snow in Denver.  That makes me remember back in the early sixties, I was a member of the college marching band.  This marching band was like a precision drill team relying on yard markers and yard lines on the football field to make the formations that we made look good.  We were invited to Mile High Stadium one time to perform during halftime in a game between the Jets and the Broncos.  It was a nationally televised game.  It began to snow after the game started and by halftime, you couldn't see the yard lines.  It must have looked terrible on TV.  I was a poor college student with a hole in my shoe and after halftime spent the rest of the game with my shoe off and a butane hand warmer against my nearly frost bitten foot.

Ah, memories!

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Ha, been there done that..marching in the snow I mean. Didn't have a frozen foot. We couldn't see the yard lines but could see enough of the vertical markers at the ends to do pretty well...There would have been he** to pay if we didn't! Great memories for sure.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk