Howard Main Street around 1908

Started by frawin, September 03, 2007, 02:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Thought this picture of Howard Main Street 1908 might be of interest to some of you. Interesting in the background is the Hanna Ranch Barn. I may have put this one out there already, if so I apologize.
Franks ruins to get the picture attached.

Jo McDonald

Oh my goodness, Frankie.... That is wonderful.  If it doesn't make me appear so anceint***  I will tell you the truth-- it makes me homesick for the "Old Howard".  Even though it was wayyyyyy beyond my time.
   THANK YOU !!!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Roma Jean Turner

I feel the same way about Moline, Jo.  I would love to walk into the Corner Cafe or into my Dad's office at the Palace Hotel, shop at the Mercantile.

Ole Granny

I feel the same about Moline, Howard, Longton and Elk Falls.  I do miss the Corner and was such a shame to have the hotel gone and even the railroad station.  Even the old water tower.  Progress.  I even miss the half moon bridges.  I know the roads are much safer now but that was part of history and would have been nice if one could have been saved.  How many remember the Dew Drop Inn out on the hill by the Rodeo field?  (Was that how it was spelled?) I remember (barely) watching the fire at the old Mercantile where the car lot was and now the Senior Citizen Center. And the movie theaters in Moline and Howard had such grand memories.  Memories................
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

frawin

I agree with all 3 of you. I have nothing but fond memories of growing up and living in Howard and Elk County. I remember so many really neat people that had lots of positive impact on my life, I could list many of them but I am afraid I would miss to many. Leaving Howard was the the hardest move I ever made in my life. Howard is still a neat place with lots of neat and special people with great values.
Frank

Wilma

So are you considering coming back here to live?

archeobabe

Talking about theaters in Moline and Howard.  Does anyone have photos of the theaters and the information about who were the owners.

frawin

Quote from: frawin on September 03, 2007, 02:15:27 PM
Thought this picture of Howard Main Street 1908 might be of interest to some of you. Interesting in the background is the Hanna Ranch Barn. I may have put this one out there already, if so I apologize.
Frank
Here is the picture of the area where Julie's buildings are today. I think I also have a picture of when this area was partially demolished.

Wilma

You surely are busy this moring, Frank.

frawin

Wilma, I am busy everyday. I get up at 5:00 every morning, watch the news , later I start following the crude oil market as I market oil and gas in West Texas for some big operators, thenI spend most of the day trading stocks and working on genealogy.  This time of year I work in my garden and yard a lot as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk