SHIPMAN, Byron D. - b. September 22, 1939 - d. March 26, 2013

Started by patyrn, March 27, 2013, 07:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Byron Shipman of Wichita, Kansas and  a former resident of Howard, Kansas, passed away on Tuesday, March 26, 2013 in Wichita.  He had been the victim of an armed robbery on Monday night and suffered a heart attack or some heart issue the following morning.  Byron was a 1958 graduate of Howard High School.

frawin

Sorry to hear about Byron, he was a classmate of mine for all 12 years, and a neighbor.

patyrn

Frank - I saw this article on the Wichita Eagle website and recognized Byron as someone we knew.  What a tragic story!

frawin

Thanks Karen, really sad, Byron would never hurt anyone. I read the Wichita Eagle on line every morning but missed this one. Thanks again for all you do to keep everyone informed.

patyrn

Byron D. Shipman died early Tuesday morning, March 26, 2013 at his home in Wichita, Kansas at the age of 73.  He was born to Delbert and Mary (Baker) Shipman on Friday, September 22, 1939 in Howard, Kansas.

In September of 1967, Byron and Patricia Ann Ruggles were united in marriage in Wichita, Kansas.  Together they celebrated 45 years of marriage.  He was a retired Quality Assurance Inspector for Boeing Aircraft Company.  Byron also served in the United States Army during the Vietnam War.

Survivors include his wife, Patricia Shipman; son, Chris L. Shipman and his wife, Rosey of Wichita, Kansas; daughter, Tianna Kintz and her husband, Mike of Wichita, Kansas; grandchildren, Zachary Shipman, Patrick Shipman, Makinzie Shipman, and Levi Shipman; and a sister, Aileen Mumford of Oregon.  He was preceded in death by his parents and brothers, Zane and Vance Shipman.

Memorial services for Byron will be at 1:00 p.m. Monday, April 1, 2013 at the Temple Baptist Church, 1826 West Maple, Wichita, Kansas 67213.  Memorials have been established in his loving memory with Temple Baptist Church.  Contributions can be mailed or left with the funeral home.  To share a memory or leave condolences, please visit www.dayfuneralhome.info.  Arrangements are by Day Funeral Home & Crematory, 1030 Mission Road, Wellington, Kansas 67152.

(taken from the Day Funeral Home website)

frawin

Karen, I see in this mornings Eagle that they caught the guy that robbed Byron, he was a repeat offender, no consolation but maybe  at least he will be off the street for awhile. I plan to attend Byron's services Monday.
Frank

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk