East Coast Happenings

Started by Diane Amberg, March 22, 2013, 01:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

proelkco

Nice to hear all is well with you and Al. So sorry for your losses.

Diane Amberg

Thank you.I'll be back to visit from time to time.

sixdogsmom

Good to hear from you Dianne!  :laugh: :laugh:
Edie

Diane Amberg

Thanks. I won't come by too much, but once in awhile.

Diane Amberg

I may have forgotten to share with you that two weeks ago we had a young adult black bear come wandering through here. We think he came down from PA. He spent several days in and around Newark before heading into Cecil County Maryland. Many people got photos of him and our local PD shadowed him around to be sure he stayed out of trouble. He was not aggressive at all and people enjoyed getting a look at him from a safe distance. We called him our Delabear. Of course Cecil County named him Cecil. The Cecil County Sheriffs kept him under distant observation until they lost him. There is a deeply forested state park near me and another even bigger one where he was last seen. I hope he's happy and doing well.
Happy Fathers' Day.

Diane Amberg

I was reading with interest the business about Howard's anticipated annexation.
Here in Newark, an interested party has to ask to be annexed. Newark does not initiate any annexation processes.
Usually folks here come out way ahead. We get city water, sewer, electric, police, snow plowing (residential) leaf and yard waste pickup, trash and recycling collection, street lights,  Parks and Rec. program discounts and 2 free swimming pools. We have a bunch of free parks, tennis courts, 45 minutes of fireworks displays on July 4th and lots more. We pay city taxes for these of course, but they are very low.
I'm not sure how or if Howard comes out ahead with taxes because of annexation.

jarhead

The female deer that drop the little ones off in my flower bed while they eat...Cute, but a pain.  But in town here, no shooting. Fortunately I have plenty of friends who love to hunt and fish and give us more fish and game than we can eat.
Delaware is overloaded with deer.They are hunted to keep the herds healthy, even in the state parks.

Diane Amberg

It seems sadness is around every corner recently. Another friend died and a second one has been diagnosed...again...with cancer. This time it's Burkett's Lymphoma, stage 4. She's in the hospital in N.C. for heavy duty treatment. She's quite a fighter and if anyone can beat this Pat can. My veggie garden is looking good, but we could use some rain. A happy day to all, at least to those who can stand me.

Diane Amberg

It's almost chilly here. Canada sent some chilly weather our way. Somebody set off a bunch of fireworks in our local community last night. I am so angry about it. Fireworks are illegal here!...And they didn't invite any of us! HA! They must have had a permit and it might have been at the swim club. I went out, but couldn't see anything for all the big trees.
Newark has a 45 min. fireworks show  tomorrow night at the practice field next to UD stadium. It is a really good event and brings huge numbers of people. Aetna always goes to stand by for anything that gets away. I'm afraid it may rain tomorrow night, but we'll see.A Capitol Fourth is always good on TV too.
  Bing- Bang- Boom... Happy fourth to youm.

Diane Amberg

Bad timing, but we got the rain we needed... At the expense of the Newark fireworks on the U D campus next to the football stadium. It will be tonight instead.
I'm really getting tired of the personal attacks on me and by extension, my Kansas heritage. I've been called a liar one time too many and I'm totally disgusted. Why is it so important that a couple of people need to try to make me look bad?
Now even Frank is blaming me instead of the real perpetrators. Be careful, you could be next.
I don't know what it means out there, but here, being a Mason (Al) of many years means something. It does for their families too. There is a level of honesty and behavior that is expected. Both sides of my family, and the one I married into, have had Masons for several generations. In my mother's case, her family,  with many Masons, came to this country before the Revolutionary War and fought in it .Here our Masons are hard working ''get things done for the people of our community" people. They and their families would never be treated with disdain, let alone called liars. What in the world is wrong with some in Elk county? Is it simple jealousy? or what? Personality disorders? I was recently reminded that insecure people will, if they can't control you, will try to influence how others see you, especially in a negative way.
I'm starting to be embarrassed to be connected there.
I used to brag about my good Kansas friends and bloodlines. Phooey. I'm not even allowed to fight back without being called on it. I keep turning the other cheek, but then it gets slapped too. I'm tired of standing up for myself and then having it tossed back to show how rotten I am and deserve what I get and how angelic the other person is. If I stand up for myself I'm "playing the victim."  How convenient.
Two of them have very successfully taken over the forum as their personal billboard. I hope they enjoy it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk