East Coast Happenings

Started by Diane Amberg, March 22, 2013, 01:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

The school referendums here were held yesterday.Two passed and one failed.
Ours here for Christina district passed by less than 150 votes. Not exactly a landslide of approval.They had failed twice before and this time asked for a .30/hundred raise.That will mean an extra $192.00 on average for most people.
Our district isn't exactly known for being wise with their money. We'll see.They will be watched carefully.

Diane Amberg

Oh my, what a decision....Terps or Kansas. I had lots of friends that went to Maryland, I taught in Maryland.
I have friends who went to KU, as did both my parents. Part of me would love to see an upset, but KU should win it. I assume none of you will be watching...HA!

Wilma

Assume nothing, Diane.  I have been waiting for this game.  I am still mad at Turgeon for deserting Wichita just when he had a winning team.  I hope Kansas sends him back to Maryland.

Actually, I am not as mad at him as I was.  Since he left Wichita, Greg Marshall has had a chance to lead Wichita to the greatness that they have achieved.  I just hope that he can continue to win after losing the best three players that Wichita has ever had.

Diane Amberg

Diane Amberg

So, today's score is 6 to 2 and I don't mean basket ball.LOL!

Diane Amberg

Are we gonna watch the game together tonight? It's going to be hard for me tonight too, as Villanova isn't far and I have friends who went there.
Again, I expect Kansas to win by just a sliver.Villanova has had an exceptional year. Let's hope the only thing on fire will be the players.

Wilma

I have the game on, but I can't tell you what the score is.  I have been in the kitchen for awhile.  My work is done now and I will catch the rest of the game.

Diane Amberg

Have a happy Easter anyway.So close. I was all set to wear my KU sweatshirt today. I guess Oklahoma is next for V.They beat V once earlier in the year, so they know they can. Should be interesting.

Diane Amberg

I hope everyone had the Easter they wanted. We finally went to a nearby Cracker Barrel for dinner.Very good as usual.

Diane Amberg

Well now, between earthquakes and wild fires, you have a real ''shake and bake" going on out there don't ya.   

Seriously, I hope the fires are out by now. I haven't heard anything for a bit.
We have had very serious chilly dry winds blowing here.  Right now we are assisiting another company  with multiple mobile homes on fire, and several other fires nearby. Not good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk