Missing Severy Man

Started by hhjacobs, December 22, 2006, 07:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcia Moore

Harlan Wingrave, 86, a diabetic who also had high blood pressure, was found dead on Dec. 23, 2006.  Wingrave had driven to Martin and Mary Louise Moomey's home on the morning of Dec. 20th and they took him to Wichita to his doctor that day.  Upon their return to Severy, Harlan said he would call the Moomeys when he reached his home.  He never called.  Many searched for him – the Greenwood County Sheriff even went up in a plane looking for him.  Three days after Harlan's disappearance while Ron Robert was riding his four-wheeler south of town on Wes & Ruby Robert's property, he found Harlan, still in his car.  The car was face down, along an embankment of Salt Creek.  
    Harlan was married to Gwen Marie (Gragg) Wingrave and she is still living.  She has been a resident at Howard's Twilight Manor now for around twenty years.  Harlan and Gwen have two children - a son, James Alan Wingrave and a daughter, Janelle Suzanne ____.  Harlan was born on April 15, 1920, the son of William Dickens and Lena Prudence (Bohon) Wingrave.  He graduated at Severy with the class of 1938

Janet Harrington

See there.  I thought Gwen had died.  It is hard to keep track when I work out of town.  That's one thing that I miss by not be able to work among the citizens all the time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk