Even More Threats From Obuma Emerge

Started by Warph, February 28, 2013, 07:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

First Bob Woodward, then Lanny Davis.

Now Ron Fournier of the National Journal reports being verbally abused and threatened by a "senior advisor".

The official angered by my Woodward tweet sent me an indignant e-mail. "What's next, a Nazi analogy?" the official wrote, chastising me for spreading "bull**** like that" I was not offended by the note, mild in comparison to past exchanges with this official. But it was the last straw in a relationship that had deteriorated.

As editor-in-chief of National Journal, I received several e-mails and telephone calls from this White House official filled with vulgarity, abusive language, and virtually the same phrase that Politico characterized as a veiled threat. "You will regret staking out that claim," TheWashington Post reporter was told.

Ron Fournier, hardly an attacker of Obama, can't seem to bring himself to doubt Obama, saying in his article,"there is no reason to doubt Obama's integrity — period". He can't bring himself to accept that Obama could condone this: "This can't be what Obama wants. He must not know how thin-skinned and close-minded his staff can be to criticism."

Yet, the growing tide of evidence makes it very clear that there is a pattern.

USA Today also contributed to the tide today:
"All we can say is: We know more than a few reporters have received similar e-mails [to those of Woodward] from White House officials. Yelling has also been known to happen."http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2013/02/28/obama-woodward-white-house/1953105/

These allegations of mistreatment by Obama advisors are not entirely new either.
Last year, in June, Lanny Davis went on record on a radio program, accusing the Obama campaign of having "vicious people" working for the President,  "There is a very serious problem within the Obama campaign and you've just described it. It may be melt down unless they come to their senses."
http://citizenjournalistdotorg.wordpress.com/tag/lanny-davis/

In October 2012, the President of the South Suburban Branch of the NAACP, David Lowery, alleges a director of the re-election campaign of Barack Obama, Louis Raymond, threatened and intimidated him because he didn't support the president.  The Obama OFA campaign official allegedly told him, "You know what? I know everything about you."
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/10/04/naacp-official-obama-campaign-staffer-threatened-me/
Lowery says Raymond added, "We've been watching you, and since you don't support Obama, we'll deal with you," before hanging up.

Lowery filed a report with the Oak Forest police report, he said, "in case something happens."

He says it was suggested the NAACP should automatically back the president. Lowery notes a non-profit cannot support a particular candidate.

The Obama campaign characterized that interchange as a matter of "miscommunication."
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk