List of Shame

Started by Warph, February 28, 2013, 03:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

List of Shame: Republicans Who Voted to Confirm Plainly-Unqualified Man to Lead the Defense Department

Remember them, and call them out as liars when they claimed they voted "against" Hagel. They did not.

Alexander
Ayotte
Blunt
Burr
Chambliss
Coburn
Collins
Corker
Flake, AZ
Graham
Hatch
McCain, AZ
Murkowski
Sessions
Thune

Now that's the list of people who voted "Yes" on cloture (guaranteeing Hagel's confirmation) but then cast a covering, false vote on the nomination itself (a meaningless gesture made for political purposes).

Interestingly, some people voted the other way around -- voting "No" on cloture but then "Yes" on the nomination itself.

Among them? Rand Paul, who's attempting to both be a Mainstream Conservative and also play to his father's supporters with their, um... views on Israel.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Louis Farrakhan endorses Chuck Hagel for Secretary of Defense

After arguing that the media is controlled by Jewish interests, [Louis Farrakhan] applauded Hagel's nomination. "Senator Hagel is in trouble," Farrakhan said. "But America needs a man in Congress like that, who's not a rubber stamp for others. You need a man like Senator Hagel as your secretary of defense because a man with a mind like that will keep you out of fighting somebody else's wars. You need a man in government that has another opinion that is not controlled, and if the Senate does not confirm him as defense secretary because of his opinion on Israel, that only proves that the Senate in the U.S. Congress is controlled by the Israeli lobby. And it also sentences America to war with Iran for the state of Israel."

http://www.redstate.com/2013/02/25/louis-farrakhan-endorses-chuck-hagel-for-secretary-of-defense/
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk