The Political Battlefield

Started by Warph, January 10, 2013, 02:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Each day, liberals spread their ideas to millions of people through television, movies, newspapers and liberal universities.  Liberalism will always exist, and liberals will always seek to propagate their ideas. vIt doesn't matter how many times liberal ideas have failed in the past.  Liberals are not motivated by pragmatism.  At the core of liberalism is a love of centralized planning and control.  Liberals will always continue to spread their ideas because they love the ideas, not because they have seen them work.

People who prefer individualism and free enterprise also spread their own ideas.  When those people stop spreading their ideas, whether because of force or apathy, liberals will impose centralized planning and control.  As long as people who disagree with liberals spread their ideas, individualism and free enterprise may continue to exist.

A liberal tries to explain why she wants to make gun ownership illegal:

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

A liberal accidentally explains why she thinks Social Security
is nothing like a Ponzi scheme.

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

This is what conservatives go through when they argue with liberals.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

A liberal explains why she thinks the entertainment industry should embed
more liberal ideas into the media.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

An Obuma supporter struggles to explain why she thinks Obuma's
a great president, or anything he has done.

..Barack Insane-Hussein Obuma Explained:

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

A liberal accidentally explains why she supports gay marriage.

Gay Marriage Explained

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

GOP's Path Back to Power: Nominate Obama in 2016

Ever since the Republican annihilation in the 2012 elections, GOP insiders have been trying to find the light at the end of the tunnel at the bottom of the abyss. According to media experts, there is no hope left for the "Stupid Party" outside of begging for scraps from the triumphant progressive table.

"We need a way to be relevant in the Great Age of Obama," stated washed-out evil genius Karl Rove. "No thanks to the Tea Party, who turned us into an elephant's rump faction with such fringe notions as fiscal sanity."

"If we remain contrite, the Democrats might still let us run some sewerage authorities here and there," said Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell, as he was emptying trash cans outside Harry Reid's office with the hope to earn a few minutes with Senate Majority Leader.

"I'm just happy Nancy Pelosi let me be House Speaker a while longer," said teary-eyed Rep. John Boehner (R-Nowhere). "I'd also like to express my gratitude to President Obama for exempting my tanning salon from total destruction by the PPACA."~

Since the electoral wipeout, powerful intellects at non-partisan media bastions, such as the New York Times and MSNBC, have offered much-needed sound advice to the underdog party, lest the GOP leaders turn up at the pundits' favorite bistros begging for spare change.

"They must become more moderate," wrote New York Times columnist Paul Krugman, his skull throbbing with unlimited brainpower. "On immigration, they must let in every undocumented Democrat who shows up in the back of a van in Texas, and then send the van back for more. On civil rights, they must forget about Voter ID and instead, allow multiple votes to people with no ID. On taxes and spending, they must tax and spend until the non-Democrat one-percenters cry 'Uncle Oyango!'"

"If they moderate their stances as I've suggested," Krugman sums up, "they may broaden their appeal and maybe win a few sewerage authority elections. But I doubt it."

Others put the Republican problem in starker terms. "They are just a party of white people" was the consensus among all the noted white people at both the New Republic and MSNBC.

However, David Brooks, a neoconservative commentator at The New York Times, believes the Republicans can easily get back in the game if they nominate Barack Obama as their 2016 Presidential candidate.

"Obama already has everything the Republicans lack - hipness, coolness, social media outreach, modern communications expertise, a huge database of supporters, a crackerjack campaign organization, and an unlimited supply of deep-pocketed donors," Brooks writes. "It would take the GOP decades to match any one of those. The failure of Romney's ORCA last fall shows how hopelessly behind they are."

A GOP insider, who wished to remain anonymous, agrees: "The media's love of Mr. Obama is worth ten points in and of itself. They loathe every single one of the GOP candidates - black, white, yellow, or brown - but they love Barack Obama. Republicans could never hope to close the gap working against such a cultural disadvantage, unless they choose Obama as their standard bearer. The media won't be able to turn against a candidate on whom they heaped approval for eight years. The public is stupid but not that stupid. The media are stupid but they're smart enough to know the public is not that stupid."

At the same time, the source dismissed the GOP's allegedly rising stars Rubio and Cruz as extremists: "The Tea Party is so 2010. Conservatism is stuck in the 20th century - haven't you been listening to the media? Republicans have got to moderate and Obama is the epitome of moderation. Even GOP stalwarts like Mike Bloomberg and Jon Huntsman say so."

"The voters having a choice between competing visions may be good in theory," he said, "but those whom they choose not to elect still have bills to pay and cronies to reward. They can't do that unless they control the spoils system, known to the low information types as 'the government'."

"It's fine to be standing for principles," the source continued, "but you can't eat principles at a five star restaurant. It all comes down to this: do you want to do the right thing or do you want to win?"

While according to the Constitution, Obama will no longer be eligible in 2016 after having served two terms, the GOP insider was hopeful: "After eight years of his presidency, do you really think anybody will care anymore what the Constitution says?"

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk