Elk County Commissioners doing changes

Started by Janet Harrington, February 16, 2013, 12:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Patriot, when they do have that one meeting in the evening every quarter, would you let me know? I will do my best to be there. And yes, generally after 5:00 p.m., the courtroom is available. Only if there is a trial going on that the judge doesn't want to stop would the courtroom not be accessible.

Janet Harrington

Ross,

Jobs for paramedics and EMTs are not hard to find. EMS all over the state of Kansas and other states have openings all the time. EMS is like nursing, those people get burned out, so they quit doing that job and move on to something else.

Patriot

Quote from: Janet Harrington on February 18, 2013, 06:57:13 PM
Patriot, when they do have that one meeting in the evening every quarter, would you let me know? I will do my best to be there. And yes, generally after 5:00 p.m., the courtroom is available. Only if there is a trial going on that the judge doesn't want to stop would the courtroom not be accessible.

First meeting of the quarter (April 8th, July 8th and October 15th) they will meet at 4p.m.  Department reports are first, so most items come up later.  Public forum is at the end of the agenda.  Perhaps not ideal, but a move in the right direction.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Hey, how about all that high tech equipment in the court house?
Couldn't it be utilized to record and make the meeting available on the County web site?
Perhaps the same thing could be accomplished at the West Elk School Board meetings?
The School Board has used some of the equipment at their meetings,

All that very expensive equipment and expensive internet service and web sites could be put to good use here in the 21st Century to connect with everyone in Elk County couldn't it?

Just an idea!

Janet Harrington

Vitriol

Quote from: ROSS on February 18, 2013, 07:12:52 PM

Hey, how about all that high tech equipment in the court house?
Couldn't it be utilized to record and make the meeting available on the County web site?
Perhaps the same thing could be accomplished at the West Elk School Board meetings?
The School Board has used some of the equipment at their meetings,

All that very expensive equipment and expensive internet service and web sites could be put to good use here in the 21st Century to connect with everyone in Elk County couldn't it?

Just an idea!
what equipment are you talking about?  Expensive???  Really.. Compared to what two Dixie cups and a piece of string. 
How much overtime does comp time cost?  If you have the meetings at night require the dept heads to attend then let then go home early on Thursday.  Turn the county cell phone to vibrate.

Patriot

Quote from: Vitriol on February 21, 2013, 07:59:35 PM
If you have the meetings at night require the dept heads to attend then let then go home early on Thursday.

Or, do the reasonable thing and have the department head issues at the beginning of a meeting that starts later during normal operating hours.  Then, employees can go home or stay at the meetings as citizens on their own time.  Unlike the present process where employees with nothing to say sit unproductive in a daytime meeting for 3 or 4 hours on the taxpayer dime.

Or, get department issues handled at the earlier meeting then adjourn an until after hours for the remainder of the agenda.  A tad more awkward for the commissioners, but life isn't always fair.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk