Gardening

Started by Growit1, February 12, 2013, 03:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

We buy all of our plants right here in Elk County at Trigg's Greenhouse in Elk Falls. We've had excellent results with anything we've ever bought from Sam!  :)
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Jane

When ever I need anything I always go to Joanna Designs in Howard. She has what I need or can order it.  ;D

Judy Harder

I need to say I too shop here in Elk County...........I like Joanna and her flowers, plus shop Triggs and then go to Indy. It depends on what I want. And who has what I need when I want it.........LOL.  Then after I get started, all it takes is something blooming as I walk by and lo and behold it comes home with me...........spend a lot of time remembering how much I love to garden and then remember I only have a very small spot for growing. I do borrow the neighbors sunshine since he doesn't work in his yard and is on the south side of our apartments. that is why I grow in pots a lot. Well, glad I did start some seeds in the apartment....with winter coming back in.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Growit1

Anybody else having problems with tomatoes getting leggy even if they are in a greenhouse? Have already transplanted over half of them into bigger containers. Figure all these gray days with no sunshine aren't helping any. Of course all the daffs and jonquils are blooming and it's supposed to get down to 23 Sunday night. Not sure I have that many buckets to save all of them. Might just be lucky I didn't get to plant in the garden like I wanted to last weekend. Welcome to Kansas where in a weeks time it can go from 83 down to 23!

upoladeb

we may have frost in may,since we had thunder in feb.

Bullwinkle

Just noticed in my journal that last year I mowed the grass on March 30.  ???

readyaimduck

I have never had  luck growing tomatoes from seed...they also get too leggy.  (or the cats dig them up!  :o)
I did them in card board egg cartons, then transferred to a small flower pot. Perhaps that's when things went awry?

Can I trim back my roses now?  or is it too late.

ready

Judy Harder

Now is a very good time to prune the woody plants........and to feed, and all those pre-spring chores. At least take off the spend blooms if you haven't. I noticed that needs to be done at my church......and I will do that when it warms up....or at least isn't as raw.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

frawin

I trimmed all of my Knockout  roses last week, also the Crepe Myrtles. Have my  tomatoe beds ready to plant and have my tomatoes  in the Sunroom ready. I am ready for spring weather.

Wilma

My clump of pretty yellow jonquils is drooping as it emerges from the snow.  Maybe the sunshine will lift their spirits.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk