You might want to watch KAKE TV at 6PM

Started by Patriot, February 06, 2013, 05:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Quote from: Ross on February 07, 2013, 09:52:17 AM
I'd bet there is a lot more money on that side of the fence.

If the numerous statements by Tradewinds regarding their economic contributions to the area were accurate (why wouldn't they be), the ratio of 2 TO 1 stands out... $2 to landowners for every $1 to PILOT contribution. 

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Quote from: Patriot on February 07, 2013, 10:03:39 AM
If the numerous statements by Tradewinds regarding their economic contributions to the area were accurate (why wouldn't they be), the ratio of 2 TO 1 stands out... $2 to landowners for every $1 to PILOT contribution. 

Wow! That would be $2 million with in control of some of those Konnected folks, can't they help themselves with that wind farm money?

My oh my!

Shut my mouth!

I didn't say that did I?

Just ignore this old redneck hick, please.
I do know nothin. My math might be wrong. go figure.
Yuk, Yuk.

LOL

Patriot

Quote from: Ross on February 07, 2013, 11:20:16 AM
Wow! That would be $2 million with in control of some of those Konnected folks, can't they help themselves with that wind farm money?

Honestly, I don't begrudge them their windfall at all.  Class warfare isn't the answer.  But when elitists operate through government in ways that usurp the best interests of the general citizenry, I take umbrage.  Let the elitists use their wealth in any way they wish, but keep their 'we have all the answers, and crony methods out of government.  Shameless background manipulations by an entitled few at the expense of taxpayers & voters at large are the height of arrogance IMO.  Deserving of the widest exposure.  Sunshine is the best disinfectant.

Beyond that, wasn't the KAKE story a positive presentation of our county and the challenges faced by rural communities?  Refreshing.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Bullwinkle

It certainly was a plus for the county, and we didn't have to pay for it.

Bullwinkle

Mr Durbin, I don't think having your signature on a document entitles you to take credit for the work that went into it.

Take the Declaration of Independence for example, who did the work ? Who merely agreed with what was in it ?

Ross

Thqt's right if the company didn't want to be here, they wouldn't be here.
Pretty simple, huh !

What really helped was all that federal money (taxpayers money) and tax breaks (Corporate Welfare for a foreign company) they got to build it.
Without that it is extremely doubtful they would be here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk