You might want to watch KAKE TV at 6PM

Started by Patriot, February 06, 2013, 05:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintauqua

I would like for someone to show me a document that shows any of the current commissioners names and signatures on it, enabling the county to receive these funds from the wind project.

On yeah, it doesn't exist.

But this one does - scroll to page nine of the document at this site, http://www.tva.com/environment/reports/caney/appendix_b.pdf and tell me whose names are on it.  Without this document and all the hard work put into it by those who signed it (along with Marla Foster Ware) there wouldn't be any wind farm money to put towards anything.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

jarhead

Chuck,
The KAKE news deal was not about who got the wind farm for the county---it was about our taxes are being lowered

Patriot

Ok... how's this?

Thanks Liz, Jim, Lawrence, Rob at Tradewind.  Oh, and let's thank the Kansas legislators who codified K.S.A. 79-201, and the foreign owned ENEL and your nemisis Governour Brownback without whose negotiations there would be no wind farms in the flint hills.  While we're at it, let's thank the founding fathers who had the wisdom to recognize the power of individual effort and capitalism.

Now, back to the present reality.  At least the majority of the current county commission realize that individual taxpayers can better decide how to spend their money than can a bunch of self-interested elitists in government.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

flintauqua

Jar, that's fine.  But there was discussion on this thread about who deserved credit for what, and I just wanted to make the point that no one would be getting recognized for any mill levy decrease, if those who went before hadn't done what they did.

Too often those in the here and now get credit or blame for things that happened years in the past.  This happens at the local, state, and national levels.  

Patriot -

Yes, the current commissioners have everything to do with the act of decreasing the mill levy, but they had absolutely nothing to do with what made it possible.

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on February 06, 2013, 08:33:29 PM
Jar, that's fine.  But there was discussion on this thread about who deserved credit for what, and I just wanted to make the point that no one would be getting recognized for any mill levy decrease, if those who went before hadn't done what they did.

Well, I have said it before if those Konnected Kounty Kommissioners you are speaking of had paid as much attention to what the county was receiving as they did to what they receive for their land leases, perhaps Elk County might have received the same $3 million a year that Enid, Oklahoma is receiving from the same company for the same size wind farm. So okay, thank you.

But the biggest thanks go to Mr. Hebb and Mr. Ritz for showing interest in the county as a whole and not just a certain portion of the county.

And for a few people to petition the commissioners for a job that has been abolished for just cause is just totally ridiculous and greedy in my opinion. These few people seem to have a problem with the word no, unless they are the ones using the word. Why is it these few people don't want to join the rest of the county citizens in enjoying the great and [positive changes in Elk County. Why?

Patriot

Quote from: flintauqua on February 06, 2013, 08:33:29 PM
Patriot -

Yes, the current commissioners have everything to do with the act of decreasing the mill levy, but they had absolutely nothing to do with what made it possible.

Agreed.  Now, in the interest of 'credit where credit is due', and to make sure everybody gets theirs, let's be sure we're clear on whose watch our spending and resulting mill levies rocketed to become the highest in Kansas over, say, the last 10 years.   

Ultimately, I believe voters in the last two elections should get some positive strokes as well.  I firmly believe that if it weren't for them, nothing would be changing.

Patriot

flintauqua

Bullwinkle

It's been said a hundred times, Liz and Ken had nothing to do with the wind farm choosing to build here, they just profited from it , and in doing so were more than happy to help facilitate their needs. Tradewind Energy pickied the spot based on profitability. To give them , or anyone locally , credit for it, is pure hogwash.

Ross

Quote from: Bullwinkle on February 07, 2013, 09:28:15 AM
      It's been said a hundred times, Liz and Ken had nothing to do with the wind farm choosing to build here, they just profited from it , and in doing so were more than happy to help facilitate their needs. Tradewind Energy pickied the spot based on profitability. To give them , or anyone locally , credit for it, is pure hogwash.

Well stated.

Couldn't Elk Konnected, LLC get some of that Wind Farm money instead of wanting the County Wind Farm money?
I'd bet there is a lot more money on that side of the fence.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk