Effort to abolish local sheriffs a stealth federal power grab?

Started by Ross, February 04, 2013, 01:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

I'm not sure how explaining how it works here makes me arrogant. I'd have thought it just made me knowledgeable. Ross brought it up, not me The one whole paragraph was about Delaware.  If not, I'd have not said a word about it. Yes, our county sheriffs are elected to four year terms. For the last time, "they" can't take away powers that the Delaware sheriffs and deputies don't have. Saying that the Delaware example was only mentioned to "show how things coulf (sic) go" is not accurate for here. Please chose another state for your example.I know it's confusing and there are differences between "office" and "dept.'' but that isn't always adhered to either.
All I was trying to do was show how it works here. Whether it is right or wrong to have it set up that way is not mine to decide. It goes back to colonial  Delaware. Now if you have more insults to throw, have at it. But whatever you do, don't look up Delaware's sheriff's dept. in wiki or Google or anywhere else. Ya might have to eat crow ..or would that be raven? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 07, 2013, 05:42:02 PM
Saying that the Delaware example was only mentioned to "show how things coulf (sic) go" is not accurate for here. Please chose another state for your example.

Diane, sorry but I did not bring up Delaware.
I did not write the article.
I did forget to add the link, my boo-boo there.
I usually do add the link, so my apology for not adding it.

I'm sure you can recognize that I am not that good at writing?

Janet Harrington

Diane Amberg

I thought so too. If one scrolls down far enough it mentions several states, Delaware being one and does show how it is different. Ross, you posted the article which included Delaware. Considering how you never miss a chance to stick it to me and where I live ,how would you expect me to feel. I won't mention it again.

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 08, 2013, 09:56:56 AM
Considering how you never miss a chance to stick it to me and where I live ,how would you expect me to feel. I won't mention it again.

One thing is surely alive and well in Delaware... Clinical Codependency.  The victim-martyr cycle passionately persists.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

Pat, that was totally unnecessary and an attempt to keep this going. Why do you care? What do you get out of this?
Show me your degree in Psychology to be able to say such things and I'll show you the definition of a psychopath... Might want to read the book  Psychopaths Among Us by Robert Hercz or one by Paul Babhick. (Attacking some one over and over is very typical ya know).
Since one in every 100 males is born a psychopath, it would be easy to imagine one or more on the forum. And no, most are not violent. They are often very charming manipulators who will gather a loyal following of people who don't know they are being hoodwinked... for a time. There is even a new section now on the definition of an E- psychopath. That was very interesting.

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 08, 2013, 10:36:51 AM
Pat, that was totally unnecessary and an attempt to keep this going. Why do you care? What do you get out of this?
Show me your degree in Psychology to be able to say such things and I'll show you the definition of a psychopath... Might want to read the book  Psychopaths Among Us by Robert Hercz or one by Paul Babhick. (Attacking some one over and over is very typical ya know).
Since one in every 100 males is born a psychopath, it would be easy to imagine one or more on the forum. And no, most are not violent. They are often very charming manipulators who will gather a loyal following of people who don't know they are being hoodwinked... for a time. There is even a new section now on the definition of an E- psychopath. That was very interesting.

You realize, of course, that highly reactionary behaviors are also a codependent trait.  And that codependency is more prevalent among those in 'helping' professions (medical/first responder/education) than among the general population.  Help is available, however.

http://recovery-man.com/coda/symptoms.htm

http://www.selfesteemawareness.com/codependency-symptoms.htm

http://psychcentral.com/lib/2012/symptoms-of-codependency/

http://www.allaboutcounseling.com/local/delaware/new-castle/

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

It was my intention to not comment any more on this as it had run it's course. But Pat is determined to keep this going,so what the heck. I took the time to read that that first link. Not one fit me. Not even one. I'll read the rest some other time. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Now I'm done, so even if you do try to get a rise out of me, I won't respond. Give it up. People are starting to see through you.

Ross

ROFLMAO      ROFLMAO         ROFLMAO       ROFLMAO      ROFLMAO         ROFLMAO

jarhead

When you start losing the battle---retreat !!! Great tactic.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk