The American Battlefield

Started by Warph, January 29, 2013, 03:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Some schools have adopted a no ''message or graphics'' tee shirts because of this kind of controversy. Some now say collared shirts only or just plain colored tee shirts. Some will allow "school spirit'' shirts, if approved. The rest are fine anywhere other than school ...some are just too distracting or are an obvious ploy for attention.  The "I want to express myself" ploy is just hooey. Just seeing how far they can push their limits.( When I was in school tee shirts were underwear! ;D)
We had a problem here with some UD students who had created a tee shirt that had a big U D on it, but it included a message worked around the big letters that said " U CAN SUCK  MY D". They were selling them and of course some people complained.  They took it to court on "freedom of speech," but lost due to copyright infringement...thank goodness! Comments?

Bullwinkle

Do you know how to follow the context of any presentation ?

How did you make it through school? This isn't about someone creating an obscene t-shirt.

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 26, 2013, 10:49:35 AM
...Comments?

I doubt any intelligent person could say it better than Bullwinkle just did.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

It's about what someone does about a "controversial" tee shirt in light of school rules. I told you what some schools have done because of it.Again with the insults! How would you like to have to see a shirt that says "I'm Bart Simson.Who the hell are you?"
If you don't understand the problem, then you are part of the problem.  How about "Marines don't know the difference between their heads and piss pots.'' Like that one? Where does it stop?

frawin

Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 26, 2013, 04:13:13 PM
It's about what someone does about a "controversial" tee shirt in light of school rules. I told you what some schools have done because of it.Again with the insults! How would you like to have to see a shirt that says "I'm Bart Simson.Who the hell are you?"
If you don't undersand the problem, then you are part of the problem.  How about "Marines don't know the difference between their heads and piss pots.'' Like that one? Where does it stop?
If I had that shirt I wouldn't wear it to Longton, he might get castrated or worse fixed so he had to squat to pee.

Diane Amberg

frawin

Two people e-mailed and said Jarhead likes Diane so much  he would let you wear that Marine saying shirt.

Ross

Did you happen to even bother to read the article about the shirt in question?

The administration and school handbook agree that this shirt is not a violation of the dress code.
http://usofarn.com/middle-schooler-told-to-cover-up-marine-t-shirt-or-be-suspended/

Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 26, 2013, 04:13:13 PM
If you don't understand the problem, then you are part of the problem.  How about "Marines don't know the difference between their heads and piss pots.'' Like that one? Where does it stop?

Diane was there anything there as ugly as you have presented? The subject was not about other schools or derogatory shirts.

Quote from: frawin on February 26, 2013, 04:23:57 PM
If I had that shirt I wouldn't wear it to Longton, he might get castrated or worse fixed so he had to squat to pee.

Frawin there just doesn't appear to be anything violent or humorous about this article to me.

Quote from: frawin on February 26, 2013, 04:51:49 PM
Two people e-mailed and said Jarhead likes Diane so much  he would let you wear that Marine saying shirt.

Poke, poke, poke, make fun of others because some child received punishment for doing absolutely nothing wrong. Make fun of the Marines and a local veteran. Good job.

I see lots of diplomacy running on this subject. Not!

Where is the respect for the child's rights and the respect for our Marines?

Now you can pound me okay.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk